iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

newest x86 build, xp machine

had bloated apple software removed

install didn't find the full AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi - an installer sits without processing anything

adding it in to the temp made it hang

copying temp and running the .msi's individual completes installation

had to download webkit, icuuc36 and icudt36 dll's because they were missing

now I get the CFNetwork.dll procdure entry point error.

So I am downgrading to your 9.2.x version, but hey it won't let me.

Clearly this code has several problems for my generic laptop, but what's the solution?

Edited by WowIHateitunes

• 1 month later...

newest x86 build, xp machine

had bloated apple software removed

install didn't find the full AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi - an installer sits without processing anything

adding it in to the temp made it hang

copying temp and running the .msi's individual completes installation

had to download webkit, icuuc36 and icudt36 dll's because they were missing

now I get the CFNetwork.dll procdure entry point error.

So I am downgrading to your 9.2.x version, but hey it won't let me.

Clearly this code has several problems for my generic laptop, but what's the solution?

Did you remove everything Apple from that computer? Try running (google it) MSI cleanup utility from Microsoft to delete any traces of their installers.

My installers don't run Apple Mobile Device Support. If you need it, try running it from the original iTunes installer.

• 1 month later...

Ajua,

How do you install AppSupport on a different directory? I tried the INSTALLDIR="D:\Apps\iTunes" switch, but that didn't work.

I don't know because I haven't tried to install it to a different folder. What do you get? An error?

Have you tried to specify a different path?

No error. It ignore the INSTALLDIR command and just install in C:\Program Files (x86).

No error. It ignore the INSTALLDIR command and just install in C:\Program Files (x86).

Try using TARGETDIR instead of INSTALLDIR. It should work.

Keep in mind though, that the iPod resources will get install in Program files if I recall correctly.

Regards.

• 3 months later...

Keep in mind though, that the iPod resources will get install in Program files if I recall correctly.

Regards.

I tried AppSupport.msi TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\Apple\AppSupport" /qb /norestart and it still installed it in C:\Program Filse (x86).

• 1 month later...

Regards.

I tried AppSupport.msi TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\Apple\AppSupport" /qb /norestart and it still installed it in C:\Program Filse (x86).

For AppSupport I'm not sure if the installer supports those properties. iTunes does, according to some of the people that use my installers, though.

How about including AppleMobileDeviceSupport in the lite installer? I think it's more common that people now have an iPhone than an iPod.

I still make this installers for my clients, and the majority of them don't have an iPhone, just iPods.

Also, it would make the installer grow considerably. However, I will remember your suggestion and perhaps I'll add it in future releases.

You can always extract my installer and add MobileDeviceSupport. After that, you can repack it to make a new switchless installer. There are instructions on this forums.

How about including AppleMobileDeviceSupport in the lite installer? I think it's more common that people now have an iPhone than an iPod.

I still make this installers for my clients, and the majority of them don't have an iPhone, just iPods.

Also, it would make the installer grow considerably. However, I will remember your suggestion and perhaps I'll add it in future releases.

You can always extract my installer and add MobileDeviceSupport. After that, you can repack it to make a new switchless installer. There are instructions on this forums.

Thanks. I'm not distributing the installer, I just use it for myself, so no big deal. I just grab the AppleMobileDeviceSupport msi from the corresponding full iTunes version, install it first and then use your installer which is great. The only annoying part is that I still have to download the bloated full iTunes just to extract AppleMobileDeviceSupport from it.

• 2 weeks later...