Has your battery life improved alot when using vlite?

ri0ku

Just a quick question. Has your battery life increased significantly while using a vlite install of vista rather than the retail full package. (Im guessing the battery in notebooks should be lasting abit longer considering all the resource hogging stuff has been removed)

If so.. how long did you get more while using your laptop on battery?

At the moment my laptop battery life sucks in vista... if I had the brightness turned to 0% (not actualy off but its very dim on 0%) and I turn the cpu to the lowest speed I only get around 2 hours 30 mins while just browsing etc

which is horrible

I wish to also know this as i've just bought a laptop, has not arrived yet but im going to format it when it arrives :) Any info would be great :P

With more removed... HDD, RAM and CPU would be used less so im guessing it would last longer, anyone agree?

Edited by Legolash2o

You do know what most batteries/laptop builds divers by value when it comes to duration right? Check out the manufactures and see if they have any answers about battery duration say for a.. Sony Vaio. This one says 6hrs, but should only last 3-4hrs~ when utilizing the CPU etc above 80%~.

Here's a short list on what you can do:

Turn down the contrast and save another 10%~. vLite it and save another 5-10% at most.

Using wi-fi will likely drain your battery faster which is obvious.

Turn of resources or remove them beforehand with vLite.

Turn off any apps you don't need such as antivirus when your not connected.

Another note is.. most craptops only have a duration below 3hrs even in this day and age.