Newbie Over-Clocking Help Please!

vegettoxp

Hello there Guys, Hopefully my question isn’t too weird, but I really need your guys input on this question of mine. As most of you may know I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a Free Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Processor clocked at 3.2GHz with 12MB of Cache and 1600FSB. If you didn’t know this before, now you know. I finally got my new Rig Up and Running and so far everything has been working out Really Well. The only think that I am gona change is the TV Turner, but other than that, I am really having fun with my system.

I have NEVER Over-Clocked anything in my entire life. A lot of people told me that I should OC my QX9770, but I was a bit nervous and afraid that I might kill the processor. Now this is where you guys come in. I am looking for some Good OC Guides and if you guys know of any, please share them with me. Also, what are the Pro’s and Con’s Of OC? And just to let you guys know, I am gona be OC on Air Cooling. I am not going near Water-Cooling yet. I mean the processor I have is based on 45-nm and I have read a lot of info online and some people have pushed the QX9770 on Air-Cooling into the 4GHZ Plus area. So please comment on this topic and help me out guys. Funny story is that I use to be so sacred to even Up-Date my System Bios in the old days, but now I am cool. So help this newbie out guys.

Quick Questions:

1) What are the Pro’s and Con’s of OC and in my case Air-Cooling OC?

2) Should I OC my System Ram too?

3) Should I also look into getting higher clocked System Ram (Like G-Skill DDR-2 PC2 8500 Kits)?

My Rig Config Info:

CM Stacker 830 Case

Corsair HX620W Power Supply

Asus Maximus Formula SE Mother-Board

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2GHz Processor

G-Skills DDR-2 PC2 6400 - 4GB System Ram (I haven’t even OC my Ram Yet, So Scared!)

EVGA 8800GT Graphic Card

And if you guys need more info on my Rig, Please let me know. I hope with your guys help, I am finally get into the OC Party. Thank You for all your help guys. Your Guys Rock!!!

P.S. Fusion :thumbup