USB_MultiBoot 10 Key - Solutions to a few problems

Hey everyone,

I have spent many hours trying to get this batch file to work. My problem was that the batch file worked fine, but when I went to boot, it just sat at a black screen with a blinking cursor. After many hours of troubleshoot and reading "guides" I discovered on my own what the problem is: The USB key HAS to be formatted (NTFS or FAT) with 64 kilobytes as the allocation size. I ran the format utility (not the bartpe or the other one) from the choosing H (the hp program) and that did not work.

Simple Fix: Use the PetoUSB program and have it format the usb key with quick format and Enable LBA (Fat 16X) checked.

Restart the batch file and when it asks to format just do the last option to skip past it. Everything else works on the fly.

Another thing I noticed. I already had an nlite XP-MCE, with winnt.sif set up for the unattended. A note needs to be said that you DO NOT need to modify that file because the batch file does it for you - to have it work on the usb key.

I hope this helps for those who have had problems.

-Noble

Edited by NobleSir

• 2 months later...

PEtoUSB formats only in FAT16=>partitions up to 2GB.

Use HP USB format tool instead, what option would work for you (boot to boot loader/manager) depends entirely on your motherboard/BIOS and has nothing to do with what would be put afterwards on the USB disk- Windows setup, Linux distro, BartPE or whatever.