Trying to add DELL drivers

hapecat®

I hate to be dumb, but I just can't figure this one out.

I have all my Dell drivers in a folder and extracted to their respective sub-folders, but only 2 of the 8 have any .inf files and 1 of those has many .inf's.

I'm lost!....Can someone steer me in the right direction or provide a link to a better explanation?

I've always installed the drivers after the re-format and install, because I didn't know how to add them to the disc.

--

hapecat®

----

I thank you for the link but, I had already read it and it doesn't seem to apply to my situation with the DELL drivers since most of them do not have .inf files.

Thats the whole problem.....After extracting the drivers, there are NO .inf files to be found.

--

hapecat®

----

I just downloaded drivers for my new Dell screen.

It only contains 2 *.hex files and I have no idea what to do with them (even without nLite) :blushing:

Anyone?

In my case it was an exe file which only extracted those two *.hex files...

Luckily I discovered that there was a CD shipped with the monitor after all. This CD contained a driver with a *.inf file which I could successfully integrate with nLite. No more question marks in the device manager after a new install of my new PC!

I thank you for the link but, I had already read it and it doesn't seem to apply to my situation with the DELL drivers since most of them do not have .inf files.

Thats the whole problem.....After extracting the drivers, there are NO .inf files to be found.

--

hapecat®

----

I think that I know what he is talking about. I am trying to work with Dell Optiplex GX280 drivers for reimaging a harddrive and *not* installing the drivers until AFTER the setup. Anyways, the GX280's chipset drivers are ALL cab files, no inf files. I have attached a screenshot of the folder containing the files.

post-202525-1217007278_thumb.jpg