after SP3 download stuck in startup loop

trishta

Automatic updates recommended a SP 3 update. I did this 7/10 ever since I have been unable to log on to my computer. I am stuck in the start up loop. First screen is where I choose the OS then next screen is Safe Mode and so on. I am unable to do last know good configuration only safe mode. I go to safe mode and control panel to remove SP3 When I do this it state that it was unable to find SP3. I also cannot do system restore it states that my computer is not protected when I try this. Help! I would be willing to do recovery but I do not want to lose all of my documents and pictures. If I do recovery will I lose all information on hard drive?????? I have a HP Pavillion system with intel pentium 4.

Edited by trishta

Sounds like the same issue as the Dell machines had. Some id*** in their engineering dept thought it would be an absolutely marvelous idea to built an OS image using a machine with an AMD processor for deployment on machines with an Intel processor.

I seem to recall that there is a fix for this but I cannot remember what it is offhand. Perhaps one of the others can.

Sounds like the same issue as the Dell machines had.

It wasn't Dell, it was HP. But then again, the problem affected AMD boxes, whereas his is a P4. The fix was basically removing the offending Intel driver, but since it's an Intel CPU, I doubt that's really going to help much.

Anyways, he should be able to make a backup of his documents somewhere else just fine from safe mode.