New hardware popup - for every piece of hardware

andrew260z

I have this notebook running XP Pro and for every single driver I get the annoying "This driver is not signed" senario where I need to "Continue Anyway" even for drivers that are signed.. I get it for everything - printers, mice, the actual USB ports on the dock. Its highly annoying. I was wondering if there was some setting I'm missing that can install the hardware and driver like 99% of every other XP Pro machine will? :wacko:

To disable Windows XP driver signing warnings, follow the steps below:

1. Double click on the System icon in Control Panel.

2. Left click on the Hardware tab.

3. Left click on the Driver Signing button. (click here for a screen cap of the Driver Signing Options Window

4. Choose the Ignore option. Click on O.K. and then Apply and O.K.

5. Windows will not warn anymore about driver signing.

http://www.quatech.com/support/mei_sds_faq.php

The workaround suggested by Tripredacus will do the trick, but it sounds more like you actually have some issue if it is complaining that even drivers you say are actually signed are complaining that they're not. I'm not familiar with the driver signing process or how its done, and if its for personal use, I'd be happy with Tripredacus' method, however, a little more investigation may be worthwhile. I've never heard of it before, but perhaps some malware has done something dodgey to the system?

I have this notebook running XP Pro and for every single driver I get the annoying "This driver is not signed" senario where I need to "Continue Anyway" even for drivers that are signed.. I get it for everything - printers, mice, the actual USB ports on the dock. Its highly annoying. I was wondering if there was some setting I'm missing that can install the hardware and driver like 99% of every other XP Pro machine will? :wacko:

Sounds like your Cryptography is broken. Download Dial-a-fix and check box 4 and click GO.