Deleting Lastsession.ini files....

ki_supergeek

I have about six lastsesson.ini files in the directory used to create the CD iso image and I want to delete the ones that are no longer needed because I need the extra space on the CD.

I already deleted all of the lastsessons saved through the nlite GUI interface except for the current last session, but all of them still remain in the file directory. How do I know which ones to delete and not affect the current lastsession configuration files? The file sizes range from 2kb-19kb.

Thanks...!

How do I know which ones to delete and not affect the current lastsession configuration files?

Your question is not very clear. The one called "last session.ini" is the one from the previous process. There is none "current".

Anyway, those files are in the \Program Files\nLite\presets\ directory as well in case you need them so there is no danger deleting them.

Sorry my question wasn't clear Ponch... I'll try to clarify.

In the nLite'd file directory used to create my ISO image, I see the following:

One file named Last Session.

One file named Last Session_U

Four files named Last Session with several numbers (205407.xx-xx.xx.xx)

These are configuration files that are saved on the CD as part of the ISO image. Every time I make changes to the image files using nlite, it creates a new Last Session file. I was trying to understand the meaning of the different files (Last Session, Last Session_U) so I could delete unnecessary files but still maintain a copy of the most current Last Session configuration on the CD.

It sounds like I can safely delete all of them, so you answered the most important part of my question, but it would still be nice to know what the Last Session and Last Session_U files are for and if deleting them would affect or corrupt the last saved configuration information saved on the CD.

Thanks for your help.....! :thumbup

Edited by ki_supergeek

Problem is, if ever you were to need them, you'd need them all as they are a history of cumulated changes to the OS (that is only if you ran nLite several times on the same set of files). Opening the files with notepad would easily give you an idea of what they contain. To go from the original source to your final result, you'd need to implement the changes contained in all the "Last session.ini" files, and in the same order.

The "_u" files contain the unattended settings and are not cumulatives. Only the last one is relevant to what's on your final cd.

Edited by Ponch

Ok.... I understand now. Thanks for the explanation Ponch!

Thanks ricktendo64, I know that option exists. I like to keep a copy of the config files on the CD, but I'm running a tad short on space and looking for unnecessary files to delete beyond the obvious choice ones that are already well documented in these forums.