Really? Nobody has an answer? I'm special then

footballking3420

I used vLite 1.2 Beta on a Vista RTM disc, but I received some funny behavior. Here's a little rundown of what I'm doing and what is going on.

1) Integrate Service Pack 1 into Vista disc (everything goes fine)

2) Integrate hotfixes/updates (everything goes fine)

3) remove components, set services, etc.

When I start the install, everything goes like it should. Files are copied and expanded without error. The next two steps also happen without error as well. When it gets to the last step of the setup, everything goes fine at first and then it just hangs for a good 30+ minutes. The bar at the bottom of the screen stop moving and I hear no HDD activity going on. After about 40 minutes or so the setup just stops all together without finishing and restarts to the "Preparing your Desktop" screen. It then boots into the desktop. If I try to open Control Panel, System Properties, or even Customize, I get nothing. Sometimes the window will launch, but nothing will show up and then it will just close all by itself. I have tried adding components back in, not integrating hotfixes/updates, using a different media, re-copying the Vista disc, re-slipstreaming SP1 back into it, and a combination of. I also end up with the same result no matter what I do. I guess I'll try doing nothing and see what the heck happens.

The fact that nobody else has answered tells me that nobody knows what the heck is going on, which is pretty amazing. I figure it's just a Beta bug in the program, but that can't be if nobody else is having the same problem.

Edited by footballking3420

The fact that nobody else has answered tells me that nobody knows what the heck is going on, which is pretty amazing. I figure it's just a Beta bug in the program, but that can't be if nobody else is having the same problem.

The fact that you want help is you didnt tryout removing 1 component at a time youd like to have everything solved, i had almost similar problem but i dont know what i did removed nor what i didnt remove to make it work.

Dont remove too much, i did beacause i only have a miniDVDRW, but i solve it the way i recommend...