Would this work with crysis?

TheZeus

Hey guys,

Im Building myself a new computer and i want to make sure that it will play crysis and call of duty 4 on highest options at a decent speed.

Here are my Specs.

Graphics- Saphire HD4850 512MB PCI-Express

Cpu- Intel core 2 duo Wolfdale E7200 2.53 GHz FSB 1066 3mb --- i heard i could OC to 3.6 no problem --- If its not to hard please tell me if i can achieve this at stalk cooling.

Mobo- Asus P5N-E SLI

Ram-2GB DDR2 800 (1GBx2)

Case- Raidmax Smilodon - Extreme Black Case

Power- 550 Watt Optimax Duel Fan PSU

Hard Drive- Seagate 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache Serial ATA

Sound System- Logitech x540 5.1 Speaker w/sub (This is gonna look super sick!!!! 4 Wall mountable speaker 1 center speaker and a Sub woofer baby!)

DVD drive- LG 2-x DVD RW+ - Dual read (wtf is dual read!?!?!)

Feel free to criticize the parts that i have picked and please tell me how much i can OC on stalk cooling.

Thx For your help!

PEACE!

EDIT: Sorry i forgot to mention that i want to use windows XP pro 32 bit

Edited by TheZeus

Just a note: your current motherboard is SLI-enabled, not CrossFire, thus your graphics cards won't run in SLI. To achieve that you either go for SLI with 2 nVIDIA cards or chose another motherboard that supports CrossFire and stay with 2 ATI graphics cards. And get another 2 x 512 MB of RAM to keep dual channel intact ;)

Edited by nitroshift

Yeah, I suggest getting a Crossfire motherboard. SLI is for NVIDIA, Crossfire is for ATI.

A 4850 is nice, but if you want more performance, I would go for a 4870, but thats up to you.

I would get a 650 watt power supply just to be on the safe side.

2 GB for gaming just doesn't really seem enough these days, and Crysis is a hungry power game, I would get an extra 1 GB just in case.

Everything looks nice.

Ok thank you for the replies guys. im gonna get the 512x2 but can you guys help me with a motherboard?

I need something between.... well... 0 and 150ish.

PEACE!

EDIT: k i found something but its probly gonna suk...but as long as it works il b fine. OCZ Value Pro PC2-5400 1GB 2X512MB DDR2-667 CL5-5-5-15 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

Edited by TheZeus

Sound System- Logitech x540 5.1 Speaker w/sub (This is gonna look super sick!!!! 4 Wall mountable speaker 1 center speaker and a Sub woofer

I you think that those speakers are cool, then just look what I have. :D

Cheers ;)

OMG MARA GO DIE IN A HOLE!!!!!! lol those are sick.

and nitroshift what do you mean by all the same? like brand????

if its possible could you guys find me a mobo...im still lost with that..

OMG MARA GO DIE IN A HOLE!!!!!! lol those are sick.

and nitroshift what do you mean by all the same? like brand????

if its possible could you guys find me a mobo...im still lost with that..

Same brand is also recommended, but I think that he was saying about the frequency. Ram in your first post is 800 and second you found is 667.

Cheers ;)

Corsair or OCZ are my top picks. Just about any DDR2-800 should do you nicely for that setup (and it won't be the bottleneck for playing Crysis).

By the way - there's no way you're going to be able to push that CPU to 3.6GHz while using the stock cooler. Get yourself one of the following: ThermalRight HR-01+, Noctua NH-U12P, ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme. Match any of those with a Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM fan and you'll have a setup that's relatively quiet and gives great cooling.

Ditch that PSU for a quality brand name. Corsair HX series and Enermax Modu82+ series are good choices.

Motherboard - I'd go with the P5Q Pro (if you want to keep prices down) or the P5K-E. Both are great overclockers and shouldn't cost you too much money.

ok im getting the P5K PRO

and how much could i get out of that CPU with stalk cooling?

Also i was hoping som1 would show me some specific ram because i am beyond pathetic when it come to choosing ram.

After waiting some days I think I´ll post too:

Forget the 2 512MB sticks, they are just not worth it any more. You will pay almost the same for 2x 512MB + 2x 1024MB than for 2x 2048MB. You will "loose" max 768MB of those 4GB when using a 32bit OS depending on chipset/BIOS and what´s hooked up to the mobo.

Look for any brand that is known by you and get yourself none “overvolted” thus none OCed RAM. 1.8volt is the normal voltage for DDR2, if you get 2.0volt RAM that runs 800MHz effective with timings from 5-5-5-15 and above, you will be buying older stock or less good RAM chips. The PCB design on most modules is the same any way.

A lot of people, like Zxian, like OZC RAM, I like ADATA RAM and some others on this board would pick Mushkin...