VLite feature request

Tomorrow

Now this might seem as an unimportant request but thers this one thing thats been bugging me for ages.

Could vLite remember the folder i selected?.Say i have the vista installation files always in a specific folder and when selecting the edition vLite would go to my folder.Same with Hotfixes,drivers and language packs.Just doing many builds a day it gets tiresome navigating to specific folder every time :S

Please advise.Do you think its needed or is it unimportant in your opinion?.

I think thats a very good feature request. I have many HDD drives, and my hotfixes, drivers, languages, etc. are stored very deep inside folders (just to keep it neat and tidy) so a feature like this will definitely make things so much easier as i use vlite alot

Also another feature i would love to see if possible, is to add programs (addons) will be great, as am still waiting for this particular feature but never requested before.

Edited by shahed26

I think thats a very good feature request. I have many HDD drives, and my hotfixes, drivers, languages, etc. are stored very deep inside folders (just to keep it neat and tidy) so a feature like this will definitely make things so much easier as i use vlite alot

Also another feature i would love to see if possible, is to add programs (addons) will be great, as am still waiting for this particular feature but never requested before.

For programs it has already requested. But It'll take time

I thought all users took a backup of Program\vLite\Presets\Last Session.ini and Last Session_u.ini after a run and subsequently restored appropriate pairs when running vLite next time.

Have used this method since I started with nLite 2.5 years ago and it's smooth, it's a question of a few seconds.

Do you really need a special feature for this?

• 3 months later...

I remember that in nLite, we can remove several Windows fonts. So, I hope that in future version of vLite, we can remove the Windows fonts except the crucial fonts like Segoe Ui, Arial, Times New Roman and Verdana. You know, with Windows Vista containing a lot of fonts, reducing them should improve the performance.

I remember that in nLite, we can remove several Windows fonts. So, I hope that in future version of vLite, we can remove the Windows fonts except the crucial fonts like Segoe Ui, Arial, Times New Roman and Verdana. You know, with Windows Vista containing a lot of fonts, reducing them should improve the performance.

I can already remove fonts by deleting them from windows image(gimagex and install.wim).Although i doubt there would be any performance gain from it :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I can already remove fonts by deleting them from windows image(gimagex and install.wim).Although i doubt there would be any performance gain from it :rolleyes:

So, you use gimagex (inside WAIK) to open install.wim, right? Can you tell me how to remove the fonts by this method? What are the fonts you removed? Thanks for your help. :thumbup