"Welcome to Setup" screen doesn't show after booting

leoliver

Hi Everyone,

After test booting to my latest nlite build , the usual "Welcome to Setup" screen didn't show , along with the three options : "To Setup Windows XP now, press enter" , "To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console,press R" and "To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3" .

Instead it went directly to a screen that displayed my HD partitions and asked which one I wanted to install XP on.

This isn't what I wanted because I used a nlite SP2 build to perform a repair install before , and I want the option again. The repair install I used was the version (not from recovery console) , but the one available after I select "To Setup Windows XP now, press enter" . But it looked like the booted disk went straight to a full install screen.

On this build I slipstreamed my DELL SP1 install disk, with the SP3 update , and then only selected the "unattended option " . On the unattended option I chose "provide defaults" for the unattended mode , and for computer type I chose "automatic" .

I selected no other build options , such as "tweaks" or "options" , on this build. Which may have been a mistake ?

Thanks !

You would think that by selecting "provide defaults" that it would actually provide the default setup?! But it actually doesn't, try selecting "Prompt repair" that seems to be more the DEFAULT settings. :wacko:

Thanks for your reply, I'll start another nlite build and I'll select "prompt repair" instead of default .

You would think that by selecting "provide defaults" that it would actually provide the default setup?! But it actually doesn't, try selecting "Prompt repair" that seems to be more the DEFAULT settings. :wacko:

It's not about default setup, it's about using the answers that you give as default for unattended install.

Real default setup would not be unattended.