Hive registry with Vlite

shahed26

Hi

am trying to hive one particular section of the registry. I successfully hived "HKLM" by running

"reg load HKLM\temphive c:\x86\mounted\windows\system32\config\software", BUT cant seem to hive the HKLM\SYSTEM, it says access denied.

I know vlite can be used with some switches to perform certain tasks, i was just wondering if theres any switches in vlite that i can use to hive the HKLM\SYSTEM in registry, or any other ways of hiving the HKLM\SYSTEM registry.

btw "HKLM\system" belongs in HKLM key, but when i hive it, i cant see the "system" key name..

Thanks

Edited by shahed26

Hi

am trying to hive one particular section of the registry. I successfully hived "HKLM" by running

"reg load HKLM\temphive c:\x86\mounted\windows\system32\config\software", BUT cant seem to hive the HKLM\SYSTEM, it says access denied.

I know vlite can be used with some switches to perform certain tasks, i was just wondering if theres any switches in vlite that i can use to hive the HKLM\SYSTEM in registry, or any other ways of hiving the HKLM\SYSTEM registry.

btw "HKLM\system" belongs in HKLM key, but when i hive it, i cant see the "system" key name..

Thanks

vlite does not allow you to modify registry directly for your needs

i go to file > load hive in regedit

Thanks, but my main problem is "HKLM\SYSTEM" thats what i want to edit. i can hive all other parts of registry EXCEPT for "HKLM\system" it says Access denied

Edit: got it working now. Thanks Aviv00 :thumbup

Edited by shahed26