{PROBLEM] BSOD During Install

Stoner81

Hi guys i have a major problem that im hoping you can sort me out here...

I have tweaked XP Pro SP2 with the following

Intergrated SP3

IE7 Added

WMP11 Added Using The Slipstreamer

50,000+ drivers

Now the problem I have is that during the text mode part of the install it copies all the files to my HDD then gives me a Blue Screen Of Death at the end saying that the problem seems to be with the setupdd.sys file.

I have tried just rebooting and continuing but it says it can't find the boot.ini file??? (most strange)

I am at my wits end with this!!!! So please help!!!!

I know this is my first post in this forum but i'm like really mega ultra pulling my hair out stuck!!!!

Thank you for reading folks hope to hear from you soon!

Stoner81

I would try running memtest86+ on your PC first.

Why do you recommend this? I have installed XP Pro SP2 from my original un-tweaked CD and it works perfectly fine?

I really don't understand the problem at all!!

Thank you for your quick response.

Stoner81

setupdd.sys errors are usually incompatible hardware, or bad ram.

You didn't give a full error message, or memory dump, so we're pretty much guessing here.

Oh dear I'm so sorry I knew there was something else I should have done!!! :(

Like I said though my un-tweaked version works perfectly so I know that the RAM & the hardware in the system work fine (they have done for 12 months) Could it be that the tweaked version has some SATA support in text mode but its being installed on a IDE drive, or would that not make any difference?

Im sorry I can't provide more information for you :(

Stoner 81

Like I said though my un-tweaked version works perfectly so I know that the RAM & the hardware in the system work fine (they have done for 12 months)

Bad RAM often goes unnoticed for a good while like that. That's why I mentioned memtest86+. It's tiny, and only takes a few minutes to try.

Could it be that the tweaked version has some SATA support in text mode but its being installed on a IDE drive, or would that not make any difference?

I haven't noticed any real changes when it comes to mass storage adapters so far. Having different mass storage adapter drivers (SATA or not) shouldn't affect things. Not that I'm saying it's definitely not related, just unlikely.

Like I said though my un-tweaked version works perfectly so I know that the RAM & the hardware in the system work fine (they have done for 12 months)

Bad RAM often goes unnoticed for a good while like that. That's why I mentioned memtest86+. It's tiny, and only takes a few minutes to try.

Could it be that the tweaked version has some SATA support in text mode but its being installed on a IDE drive, or would that not make any difference?

I haven't noticed any real changes when it comes to mass storage adapters so far. Having different mass storage adapter drivers (SATA or not) shouldn't affect things. Not that I'm saying it's definitely not related, just unlikely.

Ah I see now m8 what you mean :D it really strange but since the tweaked version has over 50,000 drivers in it thats probably over doing the ram possibly????

Im clutching at straws here I know but this is really doing my fruit in!!!!

Thanks for your rapid responses m8 :D

Stoner81

Oh here is another part of the error message....

page fault in nonpaged area

Any ideas folks???

Thank you all.

Stoner81

PS - Im going to see if i can sort out a virtual pc with Virtual PC from Microsoft and run it from there.

Edited by Stoner81

Any ideas folks???

Thank you all.

Stoner81

PS - Im going to see if i can sort out a virtual pc with Virtual PC from Microsoft and run it from there.

Overclocked pc? In any case i'd check what drivers are installed, having 50 000 different drivers sounds like trouble, and like a lot of well, bloat.

Any ideas folks???

Thank you all.

Stoner81

Overclocked pc? In any case i'd check what drivers are installed, having 50 000 different drivers sounds like trouble, and like a lot of well, bloat.

AH HA!!!! Got is sorted folks, I installed VMware Workstation and removed the driverpacks from driverpacks.net and its sorted it so far!!

From what I have read these driverpacks need their own software (driverpack base) to intergrate into Windows.

I need the drivers because I do a lot of repairs and this prevents me having to constantly find drivers all the time.

Thank you all for your kind assistance I hope I can return the favour in the future!!!

Peace and thanks again!!! :D

Stoner81

PS - Could a Moderator please close this thread... Thank You.