WPI rb_config.js

My WPI installation is giving me the notorious rb_config.js error upon exiting. However, the error only appears on machines built with XP Pro Service Pack 3 integrated. The very same WPI installation, when run on machines built with XP Pro Service Pack 2 (and hotfixes) runs just fine. I thought I might be missing some IE6 updates to the Service Pack 3 version, so I ran Windows Update (without installing IE7) to check. I ran WPI again, and it threw the rb_config.js error again.

The errors occur when WPI finishes installing. I read in another thread that the errors show up and prevent the rest of the WPI applications from installing. This is not the case, though I believe that some WPI applications are installing incorrectly. However, no errors are evident until WPI reports being finished installing. I am not installing Office 2007. It is not even in the config file. Office 2003 is present, though.

I also have trouble when configuring WPI - despite having full access to the WPI directory and subdirectories, I get errors about being unable to write to windowoptions.js and useroptions.js.

WPI is launched from [GuiRunOnce] in winnt.sif, as follows:

[GuiRunOnce]
"net use z: \\server\share /USER:server\username password /PERSISTENT:NO"
Z:\Applications\WPI\WPI.hta

config.js

The network share paths are not being read/set correctly. Someone else is having the same problem. I am looking in to it. Stay tuned.......

Some of my work computers are having errors, too, that I don't have at home. I am still testing why/when/how.

• 3 months later...

I got this message yesterday while i was installing MS Office 2007 with WPI

The only way for me to get out of this error was to create a cmd file then to start setup.exe etc... into this cmd file !

Then, when i tested the installation : i got no error

May be due to WPI, i really don't know, but, putting setup.exe into cmd file, then calling this cmd file with WPI : run for me

Best regards