new sp3 source

corisco

Don't know about that. I think there's an error in the HFSLIP.LOG file, it says "OS in SOURCESS", it should say "OS IN SOURCE". Unless is copies the source FIRST into SOURCESS and then apply the patches over that.

The Service Pack is applied to the source in the SOURCE folder. Then the source is copied into the SOURCESS folder. Then the binaries from hotfixes and updates are copied into the SOURCESS folder, overwriting existing ones.

@jvidal

It isn't an error. First of all, the source in the SOURCESS folder contains the same Service Pack. Secondly, it would be wrong to write "OS in SOURCE" because you can have HFSLIP create a backup of the source before the slipstreaming takes place; near the end of the HFSLIP run, the backup replaces the updated SOURCE folder again after which the source in the SOURCE folder will no longer be at the mentioned Service Pack level.

The Service Pack is applied to the source in the SOURCE folder. Then the source is copied into the SOURCESS folder. Then the binaries from hotfixes and updates are copied into the SOURCESS folder, overwriting existing ones.

@jvidal

It isn't an error. First of all, the source in the SOURCESS folder contains the same Service Pack. Secondly, it would be wrong to write "OS in SOURCE" because you can have HFSLIP create a backup of the source before the slipstreaming takes place; near the end of the HFSLIP run, the backup replaces the updated SOURCE folder again after which the source in the SOURCE folder will no longer be at the mentioned Service Pack level.

That is the reason of my question. I understand that the service pack is applied to the SOURCE folder which in turn is copied into the SOURCESS folder and both folders contain the same service pack I noticed that. But each folder differ in size and no hotfixes nor updates were applied to only the service pack. To which folder I should refer to or use as a source for future updates

HFSLIP can only work with a clean source (original or with SP). The SOURCESS folder can't be reused by HFSLIP.

Thank you all for your inputs. This answer my question. All I wanted is to have a working copy with the sp3 integrated to it but I was confused as to wich one to keep. Yesterday I tried to replace the SOURCE folder with the SOURCESS folder and I got the message saying that source was not clean which confirms what you are saying.

Again, thank you all for your help

regards