error message at start-up

west117wolf

I had a bad graphics card so I had to send it away to be checked. In the meantime , I reinstalled my former card to use until the other card was returned. When i made the switch I got the following error message at start-up:

"COULD NOT LOAD FILE OR ASSEMBLY 'MOM.IMPLEMENTATION OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDENCIES THE SYSTEM CAN NOT FIND THE SPECIFIED FILE"

When I got the new card back, I uninstalled the former card and installed the new card; however, I keep getting the same message.

I have run the repair windows program and the checkdisk program, but the problem remains. Any help with this problem would be most gratfully received. Thanks. :blushing:

West

I had a bad graphics card so I had to send it away to be checked. In the meantime , I reinstalled my former card to use until the other card was returned. When i made the switch I got the following error message at start-up:

"COULD NOT LOAD FILE OR ASSEMBLY 'MOM.IMPLEMENTATION OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDENCIES THE SYSTEM CAN NOT FIND THE SPECIFIED FILE"

When I got the new card back, I uninstalled the former card and installed the new card; however, I keep getting the same message.

I have run the repair windows program and the checkdisk program, but the problem remains. Any help with this problem would be most gratfully received. Thanks. :blushing:

West

actually, from when onwards that error message is showing? do u have any idea, i mean before the old graphics card or the new one installed?

I Googled this for you.

I suggest you reinstall / update the driver.

Also, disable the ATI Services.

Also, re/install .NET Framework 2.0 SP1.

That should do it.

Edited by Jeremy

Yeah, that's a problem with ATI's shoddy driver package. You need to COMPLETELY uninstall it, then reinstall it. First, go to add/remove programs, and uninstall the ATI software. Let it reboot, you'll be in a crappy-graphics mode (slow and unusable). Delete the folder "C:\Program Files\ATI". Then you can reinstall the drivers from ati.com or whatever package you prefer, and that error should go away. :)

I first noticed the problem when I installed the older graphics card. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling this card, but to no avail...I still get the same message. Can you help??

yes westwolf, do what ever jeremy and Volatus said, and update your Graphics Card Drivers... it will help you a lot and your operating system should be updated first!

Edited by Uméesh

Thanks to Jeremy Volatus and UMeesh. Actually I solved the problem another way. I read after searching the internet that I should uninstall the catalyst control center and then reinstall the control center. I did this, but had trouble reinstalling the control center because the download setup program did not recognize that the control center was uninstalled. So , I went to ATI.com and saw that there was a newer update with the control center. I downloaded and installed the new driver and "Walla" the unwanted error message discontinued. Bye the bye, when I uninstalled the driver as you suggested, I still got the same hated message.

Thanks for getting involved to all of you!!!

West