Something missing that I wanted: Network drivers don't install rig

stormlifter

I can't figure out what I did wrong with my installation. Basically a few things I've noticed.

1) When I went to install my Intel Proset drivers for my WiFi card it would get to the end (everything would work, Vista would see the NIC and even connect to a router)

but as soon as it got to the end it began undoing everything, the installer program said "removing all components" and it just would uninstall itself.

2) My wired NIC drivers would appear to install, but looking in Device manager it was obvious they weren't there

3) I had the INF files for my WiFi card so I told Vista to look there, and wala that worked.

4) I have a "IEEE 1394 Controller" driver missing in my Device Manger, but I don't have a Firewire card on my E1705 Dell Laptop.

5) I have a script that I run and I get " Run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x1AD' to display the error test. Error: 01x1AD " the title of that box is "Windows Script Host"

I attached the vLite profile that I used to trim my Vista Ultimate with.

Last_Session.ini

Edited by stormlifter

Anyone have a clue?

I've tried a few times now to add and remove components without any luck.

If someone has any clue what so ever let me know.

I made some research on internet but not so helpful so far.

Yeah I've been researching all day, no luck yet

I also just installed Vista Ultimate to make sure it wasn't just a Vista thing, the results are in and it was something I removed. Not quite sure what still.

Edited by stormlifter

Yeah I've been researching all day, no luck yet

I also just installed Vista Ultimate to make sure it wasn't just a Vista thing, the results are in and it was something I removed. Not quite sure what still.

You think which component ?

Well I'm burning a new CD with a few more components added. Still no clue which one would cause it though. All I know is it works with FULL Vista. The script ran fine and my drivers installed with no problems at all. Though I have a huge installation of Vista now :) and it's noticeably slow.

Edit: I tried again and I failed. The Intel Proset drivers cancel right at the 802.1x Supplicant part, at which point it just begins uninstalling the driver.

This current profile

However, the script (previously Virtual Script Host would error) runs now...

Still no luck with the Wired NIC or the Wireless NIC drivers.

Although since I have INF files for the WiFi drivers I can install them that way and they work fine.

StormVista_x86_.ini

Edited by stormlifter

don't know! make a test in vpc and this time don't run the auto script to install your drivers. do it in device manager and locate the inf file. I got same problem some time when i run the silent install bat for drivers or add the inf file in vlite for your nic & wlan card

Edited by hannubys

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with ethernet driver on my notebook. It complains something xcopy error when I try to install driver manually.

But if I try to install updated driver it works fine. So I integrated this driver with vlite and no probs.

What is wrong with the original sony driver Ion vlited system I have no clue.

Tested only that it is not hardware support dependant.

Alex

Edited by Alex

I am having this exact same issue. So for I have done a SP1 slipstream. Then I went to remove components and checked the i use "recommemd" to get basic features. Then I hit application tab and selected Halo 2. Then next page list things to not install, I check everything and the status at bottom of screen says I disabled xxxx items and 10 hidden. I figure these are the 10 I put in reserve from previous page.

I am recreating a new disk and added IE and iis features back in. Hope it works.

-=Mark=-