Multimedia Class Scheduler

Legolash2o

I think its more of a chipset problem then a cpu problem if anything, as well as sound card issues.

But vista still is just too painfully slow and non responsive imho. xp x64 is still far better.

I dont know.Works much better for me that XP.XP was BSOD bugged for me.And on my current PC i cant even install XP.It justy wont freakin install lol.nlited or not.But im ok with it.I like Vista much more.Its a modern OS :thumbup .

• 5 years later...

Resurrecting this old thread...

I tried this on Win7 before finding this thread and everything is smooth. Maybe the computers have gotten faster, the onboard audio is better, or the OS is smarter... No problems whatsoever on Win7 x64 and Realtek HD audio. Also inside virtualbox on the same machine (sandy bridge).

Programs that play audio start noticeably faster, and that's enough for me. :)

I used this:

REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AudioSrv]"DependOnService"=hex(7):52,70,63,53,73,00,00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AudioEndpointBuilder]"Start"=dword:4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MMCSS]"Start"=dword:4

To restore to original configuration:

REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AudioSrv]"DependOnService"=hex(7):41,75,64,69,6f,45,6e,64,70,6f,69,6e,74,42,75,69,6c,64,\  65,72,00,52,70,63,53,73,00,4d,4d,43,53,53,00,00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AudioEndpointBuilder]"Start"=dword:2 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MMCSS]"Start"=dword:2

Now, if only I could do the same for NSI... I follow all the dependencies and all is seemingly well, but LanmanServer service commits suicide saying "there are no endpoints...

GL