Creating a universal vista ghost Image

I followed these steps

1. Install vista-Business

2. Install apps and other customizations

3. Copy Administrator profile to the default

4. run the waik to create a autounattend.xml file and also the autounattend2.xml

file

5. copy the autounattend.xml & autounattend2.xml into the c:\windows\system32\sysprep folder

6. Run c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /unattend:autounattend.xml

7. After the computer finisdhes sysprep it should shutdown

You can now ghost the image

my questions are:

1. Does the autounattend.xml need to be in the root of c drive or the system32/sysprep folder.

2. Can you use the vlite created autounattend file

3. IS the sysprep folder in the system32 folder deleted automatically at the next reboot.

4. Can you just copy the system 32 folder without installing waik and execute the sysprep.exe.

Regards

3. IS the sysprep folder in the system32 folder deleted automatically at the next reboot.

The sysprep folder will become delete after the user goes through the sysprep process. If you bypass the system setup, by unsealing, the folder will remain. When you go through the welcome screen and fill out all that information (depending on your unattend) you notice that the computer reboots before going into the desktop. The sysprep folder is deleted at this point and why it does just go into the desktop after the welcome... since it wouldn't be able to delete itself.

Are you encountering problems during the autounattend portion?

Thanks for the reply.

I used the

c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /quiet /generalize /shutdown /oobe

but when the system startes I had to enter the username and the product key manually desopite that I had created the autounattend.xml file in the sysprep folder

Thanks for the reply.

I used the

c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /quiet /generalize /shutdown /oobe

but when the system startes I had to enter the username and the product key manually desopite that I had created the autounattend.xml file in the sysprep folder

Check this site out:

http://www.svrops.com/svrops/articles/sysprepvista.htm#xml1

Maybe that will help you?