make a new internet connection?

Hi,

Is it possible to make an unattended new internet connection with specific name,phone number, ... and then create a shortcut of it on the desktop? :blushing:

I always use the same tiresome work when I install windows for users and sometimes I forget to do it, then I should guide the new users to make one by phone. :wacko:

Edited by ghaffar

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to make an unattended new internet connection ???

Hello Again,

Wasn't there any way?

Even a semi Unattended way?

Like writing a couple of scripts or a batch file?

All you need to do is backup and re-copy "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk" (you can open this in Notepad if you want)

You will need to enter your name and password on 1st launch/connect attempt, but at least theres no need to set it up

Here is an old addon of mine, you can basically replace it with your rasphone.pbk

Ricks_DialUp_AddOn.rar

More Info

Edited by ricktendo64

All you need to do is backup and re-copy "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk" (you can open this in Notepad if you want)

You will need to enter your name and password on 1st launch/connect attempt, but at least theres no need to set it up

Here is an old addon of mine, you can basically replace it with your rasphone.pbk

Ricks_DialUp_AddOn.rar

More Info

Thanks a lot ricktendo64 for the guidance, attachment and the link.

I will try to do my work.