can not find windows explorer

dumbo

Hi

a friend had someone install XP Pro for them and as I told them I had installed the same for my brother they asked for some help.

weird thing is with classic menu or default menu....I can not find windows explorer. No desktop icon either.

I am hoping its been turned off some how in control panel and I can get into panel.

any clues on how to find or enable it?

many thanks

Do you mean you'd like a shortcut to

"C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\My Documents" or something like that on your desktop and in your StartMenu ?

Or in the display properties, go to Desktop - Customize Desktop and enable the "My Documents" icon ?

Ponch

thanks for the reply.

I meant it is missing from the cascading menu be it classic or new style.

but I will create a new desktop icon and use your pathway or just exporer.exe and see if that works

If you have the classic start menu enabled, you can customize the desktop to not show the My Computer icon, or any of them except the Recycle Bin. By default if you switch to classic, all those icons from the XP menu move to the desktop. You can also use the classic look with the XP style. I forget how its done but you can use that if you don't like a green start button.