gpedit.msc

puli39

i am unable to view my hidden files and folders if i change in my folder options also,its not accepting the changes..

if i try to go to gpedit.msc thru run command,that too not oppening...can anyone give me a solution 4 that.....

You are infected by a malware / trojan / spyware or virus .

please install eset nod32 v3.0.650 smart security to remove it .

i am 100% sure that your problem will be solved .

This has got to be one of the worst pieces of advice I've seen here for a while!

Whilst you may be correct in your guess about the cause of the problem, did you consider that the questioner may be a user on a system which has been deliberately locked down by an Administrator; thus denying them access to specific file/folder options and the group policy editor!

Assuming you are correct about malware, why would installing only that specific piece of software be able to solve it? There are hundreds of tools, many of which are free and others which require no installation which could possibly remove a malware/infection of this type.

If puli39 wishes to receive more specific advice for their problem I'd suggest that they provide more specific information with regards their system, setup and user status!

yeah thats some terrible advice.

if i try to go to gpedit.msc thru run command,that too not oppening...can anyone give me a solution 4 that.....

its possible your just running XP home - gpedit.msc isnt included in XP home

as for the hidden files issue i dont know what would cause that but im 99.9% its not a virus