Recommend a socket 775 mobo that supports 45nm CPUs

E-66

Just an aside about Corsair. I've had really good luck with them and they do honor their lifetime guaratee. I had some PC400 go south on me a year and a half ago and they were kind enough to send me two matching modules - they paid the postage overseas no less! The RMA etc was handled through their forum and email and all went smoothly. I've had good luck with OCZ, too, but never hd to return any.

I'll throw in a vote for the Corsair as well. I've also used Crucial for years with good success (although I'd have to caution against the current batch of Crucial Ballistix modules...they seem to have hit a rough patch there).

OCZ also gets a vote from me.

Thanks guys, I'm going to go with the Corsair you suggested.

2 gigs for $25, geez. I remember paying $90 for 64 MBs once and that was a decent deal at the time! Buying 2 gigs at that rate would cost $2880! Buying 64 MBs at the current rate would cost 78 cents!

Anyway, thanks again for all the suggestions. The E8400 has been sitting here for a week with nothing to do; looking forward to getting it up and running.

Edited by E-66

I remember paying $90 for 64 MBs once
Try 8MB EDO SIMMs for over $300 each!! :wacko:
Yeah I knew someone would easily top my example. I'm not even going to do the math with that one, wow. Edited by E-66