Is XP SP3 ready?

pmi

Read the EULA.TXT that comes with every SP3 beta. It very clearly and very specifically states: until June 30th 2008, or until SP3 Final is released, which ever happens first.

Also, you can refer to this thread from the SP3 forum: SP3 TimeBomb

Microsoft: XP SP3 RTM Build 5511 anyone see it anywhere believe its rtm its all over torrents and i cannot believe in torrents :realmad:

I just googled various 5511 searches, not one torrent site has that listed.

I googled the crap outta it too and checked my technet and msdn. None of it shows a "5511" build.

guys me so sorry i had a eye 5511 it turn out to be 3311

<<<REMOVED>>>

sorry now i am a j*ck *ss

Edited by IcemanND
Don't post links to warez'd licensed software

Read the EULA.TXT that comes with every SP3 beta.

people actually READ those ??? :D

For those who like to know just exactly what is permissable and what is not, they do. However, everyone SHOULD read them. Otherwise they would not realize they don't actually own a copy of XP, they are just licensed to USE it. Plus, if more people actually read the EULA.TXT when it comes to these beta's, a lot of unneeded posts in forums could be staved off.

Regardless to what cluberti claims are the "real" expiration dates, the fact remains that cluberti is not on the team that is creating service pack 3, and the fact remains that a member of that team creating service pack 3 confirms that ALL beta's will no longer function completely after June 30th 2008, or when SP3 final is released, which ever happens first. Facts are facts. No need to adjust the EULA.TXT based on the views of someone who is not part of the SP3 development team. If you wish to dispute this, by all means, head on over to the technet SP3 forum and make your dispute there.

If you wish to dispute this, by all means, head on over to the technet SP3 forum and make your dispute there.
I will if it is needed but the SP3 will be released soon so what´s the point to dispute about it.

Do keep in mind that MS may not even release SP3 final. It has been stated by Microsoft and in the SP3 TechNet forum that it may not even be released. If that is indeed the case, then we shall see whether or not after June 30th 2008, the newest beta builds still function fully and without nag-ware.

• 2 weeks later...
Do keep in mind that MS may not even release SP3 final. It has been stated by Microsoft and in the SP3 TechNet forum that it may not even be released. If that is indeed the case, then we shall see whether or not after June 30th 2008, the newest beta builds still function fully and without nag-ware.

Expect to see an RTW date by the end of April.