Driver collections other than Drickerpacks.net

zaph1

I have decided that I don't like having EVERY driver imagineable plus I really don't care for the installation method of using DPBase to integrate the drivers.

Are there any other publicly available driver collections for use with nLite?

Not that I'm aware of.

DriverPacks is quite complete and a lot of human effort is flowing onto their project to make things work well.

If you only need a few drivers, read the documentation from MS regarding unattended installs and learn how to integrate drivers by yourself.

But why don't you like DriverPacks and then ask for other similar projects if they would all end up having the same result? :blink:

-----

You can extract only the drivers you like to have included from their packs but this will imply having to understand how they work.. :sneaky:

Well, I have about 60 drivers of my own, and they integrate very nicely with nLiteOS. Unless I drastically misunderstood the DPBase instructions, I don't like having to run a second installer just to use the driver packs. Frankly, I have a hard enough time just getting Add-ons to work without causing my installs to crash. I also don't need all the drivers in the packs. Every LAN, WLAN, etc. is a lot more than I need. My biggest problem has been the various sound drivers and getting them to work without crashing the installation, especially on newer systems that didn't come with XP support from the manufacturer.

The packs are just compressed archives. Use 7-zip and extract just the drivers you want from the packs you want and manually add the driver paths to the answer file or directly to the registry. Nothing says you have to use their designed method to use the packs.