Display Resolution Problem

cableghost

Whenever I play an earlier game, say Tiger Woods 99, etc. ... my display is not maximized on the screen, and it seems to default to 640x480.

My Question- how can I set Win XP display default to 1024x768? (outside of setting it in Display Options- that I'm aware of) Additionally, in Win98, there was a registry location to set default screen size/resolution that fixed this problem ... is there a similar local in WinXP?

-------------

Thanks,

Scott

When you play games on any machine, AFAIK, some games automatically default to 640X480. I too would like to be able to do away with having to resize the screen when playing Quake, or UT, or Medal of Honor. If anyone knows how to make this automatic, please speak up!

Big Booger

Have u tried using a prog like Nvreffix which can tweak ur refresh rate so that it doesnt switch back to the default of 60hz when gaming

this is for Nvidia based cards only......Im sure theres something similar for other cards!!

I don't think adjusting the refresh rates will do anything to display resolution.

Again, with my Win98 machine, to make older games run in full-screen, 1024x768 for me, I simply modified a registry key that had the default display resolution ... I can't seem to find a similar reg key in WinXP. Maybe one of you can locate such a key ... I may not be looking under the right branch or something.

----------

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

In some games, you can set the configuration to what resolution you can have, but again in win2k or xp, it always set the refresh rate to 60hz, and hence the funny positions on the monitor, so sometimes the refresh fix does work!

/me slaps Microsoft, get on to making refresh thingie like in Win98!

---

canny