Problems with a multi boot disk

iuli_kyle

Hi,

I just started today to learn a bit of multi boot procedures. So, my DVD structure is so :

DVD

----+LXP1 (Live XP, built with PE Builder)

---------+I386

---------+Programs

---------I386.dat (boot image)

---------WIN51IA

---------WIN51IA.SP2

----+PRO1 (Windows XP Professional)

---------+I386

---------I386.dat (boot image)

---------WIN51IA

---------WIN51IA.SP1

---------WIN51IA.SP2

----+BOOT (CDShell)

----+BootCD (Hiren's BootCD)

I built the ISO and tested it. But the OSs are not loading. Dunno why, but i get this error : "CDBOOT: Couldn't find NTLDR". I also didn't hex-edited setupldr.dll because i haven't modified the folder name (it is still I386).

I would greatly apreciate some help !

You are missing a logical step.

The bootsector of the CD (something that's sometimes referred to as "Microsoft Corporation.img", sometimes as "Arnes boot record", sometimes as "xpboot.bin") is a 2048 bytes file that normally chainloads files BOOTFIX.BIN and SETUPLDR.BIN in either the ROOT of the CD or in the \I386 directory.

If you use another directory name you need to edit that file, but if you need to choose between various install files you need a CD loader, such as CD Shell, BCDW or grub4dos that will provide you with a choice menu.

Moreover, you CANNOT put the \I386 directory INSIDE another directory, setup files need to be ONE level lower than root, NOT TWO, and you NEED to edit the setupldr.bin (not .dll) to point to the right four-letter folder.

You need to restart from the flyakite guide, following it:

http://www.flyakite.msfn.org/

jaclaz

You are missing a logical step.

The bootsector of the CD (something that's sometimes referred to as "Microsoft Corporation.img", sometimes as "Arnes boot record", sometimes as "xpboot.bin") is a 2048 bytes file that normally chainloads files BOOTFIX.BIN and SETUPLDR.BIN in either the ROOT of the CD or in the \I386 directory.

If you use another directory name you need to edit that file, but if you need to choose between various install files you need a CD loader, such as CD Shell, BCDW or grub4dos that will provide you with a choice menu.

Moreover, you CANNOT put the \I386 directory INSIDE another directory, setup files need to be ONE level lower than root, NOT TWO, and you NEED to edit the setupldr.bin (not .dll) to point to the right four-letter folder.

You need to restart from the flyakite guide, following it:

http://www.flyakite.msfn.org/

jaclaz

Thank you, it helped me a lot !

Edited by iuli_kyle