28" monitor $500?

fivestars

Do any of you have experience with a 28" monitor, one of my friends is on the market for a bigger good monitor, he is looking at the samsung 245BW. But we saw that there is a 28" HannsG HG281DJB, looks pretty cool with 3ms, we had no experience with it, they biggest monitor we saw is 24". And the price for it is $500. Do you think this will be a wise try? Will it be good for gaming?

The only thing that kills it for me is the contrast ratio. I normally don't look at anything with less than a 1000:1 contrast ratio. I know that the contrast ratios are subjective and vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but a low ratio is still a low ratio. :)

Aside from that it looks to be a capable monitor...especially at that price. NewEgg doesn't have that exact model now and the one they do have is $549 + shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824254026

A colleague has that monitor on his desk, and while it's fine for work-related activities, video and some PC games we've looked at aren't very crisp compared to the 3007wfp and 3008wfp's and the Samsungs I've seen at 24 and 26 inches as well.