Class not registered in Network/Sharing Center

dlyon

Hi there,

I'm receiving this error at the moment on my new vLite'd Vista x64 SP1 install. Most of the options are non-functional in the tasks pane with the same error.

I found another thread on the subject, where the people there fixed it by not removing UAC... however, I haven't removed UAC. I also left the Network List Service and Network Location Awareness services intact.

Does anyone have any input as to which components are required for the Network & Sharing Center to display properly?

---------------------------------------

Can you please attach your last session.ini, please read here to know what this is and for other useful information on what to post for better help. Thanks :)

Edited by LegoLiam™

Can you please attach your last session.ini, please read here to know what this is and for other useful information on what to post for better help. Thanks :)

Unfortunately I don't have the disc anymore that I vLited.

I guess I can live with the error.

I will test this when the time comes, thx for reporting. The components you listed as kept were the only ones I know as possible to cause this, meaning we might have another one unexpectedly.

Finished cant reproduce this error, removed everything apart from network/sharing center, NLA and NLS. Only error i did get was when i clicked "View Computers and Devices" which was "The system cannot find the file specified" probably because i removed Network Explorer. So you might of accidentely removed NLS and NLA.

So can you please go to control panel > administrative tools > services and check if Network List Server and Network Location Awareness is there please? Thanks

-Lego

Edited by LegoLiam™

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.

my vlite config file is attached and i have verified that bith the Network List Server and Network Location Awareness services exist and are turned on.

here is a picture... i want to turn off password protected sharing sharing, but when i try to i get the class not registered error.

Last_Session.ini

post-183130-1206206144_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I hope this thread isn't dead because I have the exact same problem:

I'm using a vLite'd Vista x64 install and I thought everything was working I discovered today that I can't make any changes in the Network/Sharing Center. That is, I can't enable network discovery, turn off password protected sharing, or enable file sharing without the "Class not registered" error popping up.

Now, I've obviously removed something using vLite that I shouldn't have; I was just hoping for some advice as to what that may be.

What I've gleaned from the thread so far is that removing UAC is a possible cause. I've done this, but the original poster hasn't. They've removed "File and printer sharing (Server)" but I haven't. So does that suggest there is another cause of the error altogether, or does the removal of any one of a specific group of components cause an identical problem?

Just to be thorough, I've attached my .INI file from vLite.

Update 5/12/2008: Fixed this (for me, anyway). All I had to do was use vLite to disable UAC rather than remove it completely. My Network/Sharing Center works fine now.

4_25_2008.ini

Edited by Mayhemm

• 6 months later...

Hi, i have the same trouble, i'm using a version of ultimate called "eXperience", and can't connect from other pc's, but this machine see the entire network.. the services "Network List Server" and "Network Location Awareness" exist and are turned on.. the rest seems to be fine..

can anyone help? txs!