XP start-up and download problems...

jo_kearns

tried that and none of it worked!!

i have no problem re-installing. If I try to do this from the CD however, it says I have no iaStor.sys and coming back to my other problem...i cannot download it!! is there any other way for me to get an iaStor.sys file other than downloading it from the Intel (or any other) website??

btw...thanks for helping me so far!

No, it's an intel driver file. Your best bet is to go to a friends' house, or a cafe, or a library, or some other place with 'net access with a portable drive and bring along nlite and your install disk on the drive. Download the Intel Storage Matrix driver set, integrate it into your disc using nLite, and then you can have that to install. It's a bit complicated, but the fact that you only have one machine and no way of downloading or running anything makes it very difficult to do this otherwise :).

I have another laptop that I can download it onto...at the risk of sounding very stupid...what is nlite? would it work to download it onto a portable harddrive? if so, where do i save it once I go to put it back on my machine?

Edited by jo_kearns