Please insert system disk

RonaldoGomez

Hi folks,

I've been nLiting for years but the past couple of times with one machine in particular I seem to be making a mistake and removing something I shouldn't be. :wacko:

Essentially, I can't boot into Windows without having my nLited CD in the optical drive. If I try to boot in without it it asks me to 'PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER'.

This is usable. If I keep my nLited disk in at all times then things go as they should. But it's not optimal by any stretch. The big risk is that when someone boots up they'll accidentally press a button when prompted and reformat the disk.

Does anyone have any idea which file it may be that I'm deleting that I shouldn't be? It's very frustrating, especially so because I don't really rip too many files out of my install in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Ronaldo.

I heard about this issue regardless of nLite.

Haven't heard about the solution so I'll just fire at will.

If you didn't remove Logical Disk Manager (in Cpanel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management) you can play with it from the Windows when you run it, then right-click your partition and make it Active if it isn't but be careful when tampering around partitions.

I heard about this issue regardless of nLite.

Haven't heard about the solution so I'll just fire at will.

If you didn't remove Logical Disk Manager (in Cpanel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management) you can play with it from the Windows when you run it, then right-click your partition and make it Active if it isn't but be careful when tampering around partitions.

Thanks a lot nuhi - I'll give that a try. :thumbup