Enterprise vs Business/Ultimate

MtK

Hi,

I've seen this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...ons/choose.mspx

for Vista Version Comparison.

Where (if) does the Enterprise Version fits in?

Theres no "Enterprise" edition, MS have put them into 4 categories (ok maybe more for those that know more exist) but if you after everything on Vista then its Ultimate your after.

In that case i think the Enterprise edition is sold to manufacturers on a large scale i.e. Dell, HP - they then use those licenses to build PCs and sell them on.

If im right and the way i understand it i would believe these licenses cannot be sold to individuals and only to manufacturers or companies buying large number of licenses and is covered by Microsoft Software Assurance agreement. Overall the version i would believe is Ultimate.

No doubt if im wrong someone here will correct me :rolleyes:

Edited by Bad boy Warrior

"OEM" is what Dell etc use to build and sell with PCs.

I guess Vista Enterprise is akin to XP Pro Volume License. XP Pro VLK is the same exact product as XP Pro OEM or retail, just the licensing/activation scheme is different.

Vista Enterprise is available to customers with enterprise licensing agreements only, whereas Business and Ultimate are available in retail channels. Business and Enterprise can use KMS or MAK keys to activate, but Ultimate can only use retail or MAK keys.

Vista Enterprise and Business are the same in almost all ways execpt Enterprise has these features - Bitlocker, Virtual PC support (the EULA states that you are not supposed to use virtualization to run anything but Vista Enterprise and Ultimate in a virtual machine), and the Unix POSIX subsystem (if you use that).

Vista Enterprise is available to customers with enterprise licensing agreements only, whereas Business and Ultimate are available in retail channels. Business and Enterprise can use KMS or MAK keys to activate, but Ultimate can only use retail or MAK keys.

Vista Enterprise and Business are the same in almost all ways execpt Enterprise has these features - Bitlocker, Virtual PC support (the EULA states that you are not supposed to use virtualization to run anything but Vista Enterprise and Ultimate in a virtual machine), and the Unix POSIX subsystem (if you use that).

Thanks cluberti.

Long story short, I'll take that as:

Enterprise = Business

So I'll stay with mine, until I get my Ultimate.