Copy files from folders (Resolved)

Vospers

Windows XP Home SP.2 fully updated.

I have a folder containing 150+ subfolders. I want to copy all the files in all subfolders to another folder without copying the folder structure. Can this be done without individually opening each subfolder and copying the content?

Thanks

Edited by Vospers

Yeap!

If you have WinRAR installed, create a RAR or ZIP file from the directory that contains the files. After created extract it, but when the extract window opens, to choose where the files must be placed, click on Advanced and select "do not extract patches". I suggest you to preserve the source files till the files be extracted and you're sure everything's alright.

I think to use search all files must have the same extension, if not, even knowing all, you'll need to search one by one and copy them.

I forgot to mention: of course, the iso file, presumed a big file, you can move it, manually, where all files will be placed, before use WinRar. Ponch is right, be sure there's no duplicate files, you can have, for example, with different versions and/or sizes.

I think to use search all files must have the same extension, if not, even knowing all, you'll need to search one by one and copy them.

No you don't have to. You can use wildcards. Search for files or folders named * would be sufficient in this case. Then you can sort the final screen in the details and see what the duplicate files are (another advantage).