Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7500-Cu LED

mara-

I'm planing to buy new cooler for my Core2 Duo since I was also planing to overclock it too. I don't have much choice for coolers, and I this one got my attention. Can you tell me your opinion about it? Will it be good for overclock?

Link

7500_culed_f_p.jpg

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Hi,

Thank you for response. I know that there is plenty of it that do better job, but as I already said, I don't have much choice here where I live, and I don't have a money for some to much expensive cooler. You did not said anything about overclock, in which I'm very interested. Will this cooler able to do the job? Also, other opinions are welcome.

Cheers ;)

I wouldn't recommend this cooler if you want to do any serious overclocking. It's actually a pretty outdated cooler, and I doubt you'd get much better performance than you would from the stock cooler. Could you give us a list of other coolers that are available to you?

Thank you for suggestion, but that is to expensive for me. Can you recommend me something cheaper (it does not need to be from my list) and that could fit my need and that is near with price of cooler in my first post? Thanks.

By the way, Zxian you mention serious overclock. I planed to overclock my Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz to 3.0Ghz. Is this too serious overclock? I already tried to 2.6GHz with stock cooler, and temperature did not changed in idle mode, but I did not tried any "heat" tests yet.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

You should try stress testing your system to see if it's stable. There have been mixed feelings about the stock cooler when it comes to overclocking. Did you manage to reach 2.6Ghz on stock voltages?

In my books, anything over 25% is a starting to get into a serious overclock (i.e. when you need to start being really careful). You might be able to hit 3Ghz with your CPU, but the question is whether or not you'll be able to do that without risking your equipment.

I put together a package of standard testing tools to help you test for stability while overclocking. Download and install the package, and then load up Core Temp. It will tell you the true temperature of your two cores. Now start up Prime95 (select "just testing"), and then run a "blend" torture test. Watch your temperatures for the next 10 minutes. If they stay below 60 (some would say 65), you can leave the computer while the test continues. Let Prime95 run for about 6-8 hours. It will tell you if you've run into any problems. If you have, you need to go back and reconfigure your overclock.

http://www.zxian.org/2008/01/11/computer-s...-testing-tools/

OK, thanks for this applications. I done test which last 11 min, with my stock speed, and I used Hardware Sensors Monitor for my temperature (I compared it with CoreTemp program and it shows the same). By me, this is not good, but tell me what you think. Max temperature of my CPU was 57, but max of Cores was 73. I think this is too much. Shouldn't stock cooler handle stock speed?

Cheers ;)