Silent Install Nero Burning Rom 8.3.6.0 (8.x.x.x)

MillenX

http://www.msfn.org/board/silent-installat...182#entry725182

COMMAND LINE FOR RUNNING NERO SILENTLY- UNATTENDED NERO 8.3.6.0 INSTALLATION

1.0 Extract and Pack the Installer.

|--- 1.1 Commands for SetupX.exe.

|--- 1.2 Feature list (Values for ADDLOCAL and REMOVE)

2.0 Examples

3.0 Subsidiaries

1.0 Extract and Pack the Installer.

1) EXTRACT THE NERO ORIGINAL INSTALLER USING WINRAR or 7-ZIP

2) THEN YOU WILL FIND SetupX.exe IN THE EXTRACTED FOLDER.

3) Open a command or batch file (.cmd or .bat) using a text editor such as Notepad.

Use the commands given below for the SetupX.exe.

===== You can download my example at the end of my post. =====

4) Pack the extracted content including the command file created into an installer (.exe) which runs the command or batch file when being opened (The command/batch file must be in the root of the extracted folder if the path of Setupx.exe is not specified in the command/batch file)

*** I would recommend 7-zip, the strongest compression tool to make installer. Of course, there is a way to make 7-zip installer.

:) I will post the method later.

*************************************************************************************************

1.1 Commands for SetupX.exe.

ADDLOCAL="<FEATURE 01>,<FEATURE 02>"

ADDLOCAL="ALL"

REMOVE="<FEATURE 01>,<FEATURE 02>"

SERIALNUMBER="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

REGISTERED_COMPANYNAME="My Company"

REGISTERED_USERNAME="My Name"

TARGETPATH="<DESTINATIONPATH>"

Destination. Default path is %programfiles%. Leave out this if you want to install it in Program Files.

QUICKSTART="0" Nero StartSmart shortcut in Quick Launch. 0=disable 1=enable

DESKTOP_SHORTCUT="0" Nero StartSmart shortcut in Desktop. 0=disable 1=enable

AUTOPLAY="0"

Nero Autoplay functions (eg. Burn CD, Copy disc) in Autoplay Menu when you insert disc into CD/DVD-Rom 0=disable 1=enable

EULAACCEPTED="1" Must use 1 to agree the EULA agreement.

NO_FILEASSOC="<FEATURE>,<FEATURE>"

No file association with specified features. eg. If you put NeroVision57D52359 (Nero Vision), that means .nvc file will not be associated with Nero Vision, where .nvc file is Nero Vision file.

NSC_OPT="False" Nero Scout. False= disable. True= enable *I did use this

NSC_OFF="True" Related to Nero Scout. False= enable. True= disable *I didn't use this

NSC_DEFAULT_OFF="True" Related with Nero Scout. False= enable. True= disable *I got use this

REBOOT="ReallySuppress" No Reboot after installation.

REBOOTPROMPT="<REBOOTPROMPTVAL>" Ask for reboot after installation. I don't know about the values.

Other commands (values unknown):

INCLANGUAGES="<LANGUAGE>,<LANGUAGE>"

EXCLANGUAGES="<LANGUAGE>,<LANGUAGE>"

ALLUSERS="<ALLUSERS>"

W2K ALLUSERS ="1"

VERBOSELOG="<VERBOSELOGVAL>"

WMA_IGNORE_SR="<WMAIGNORESRVAL>"

NST_SB_OFF="<NSTSBOFFVAL>"

MAKECABS="MAKECABSVAL"

STARTPARAM=CallFromExe

(Start Parameter. Don't know how to use and couldn't understand which Exe the command refers to. CallFromExe is probably not a value)

---All the values are enclosed in quotation marks, except STARTPARAM=XXXXX---

Necessary commands

REGISTERED_COMPANYNAME ="<COMPANYNAME>" is a required parameter

REGISTERED_USERNAME="<USERNAME>"is a required parameter

EULAACCEPTED="1" required parameter

ADDLOCAL="ALL" is a required parameter

*This is what I got. But this is rather ridiculous that there's no point to use the command ADDLOCAL="<Feature01>,<Feature02>" if ADDLOCAL="ALL" is required.

Use ADDLOCAL="ALL" and REMOVE="<FEATURE 01>,<FEATURE 02>"

You could try to prove this wrong. Please post any new finding.

1.2 Feature list (Values for ADDLOCAL and REMOVE)

Use in ADDLOCAL="ALL" REMOVE="Feature1,Feature2"

Example:

ADDLOCAL="ALL" REMOVE="NeroBackItUpCB9D5429,NeroBurnRights72CC518F"

Note: No spacing between features.

NeroBackItUpCB9D5429

NeroBurningRomBCAFF604

NeroBurnRights72CC518F

NeroCoverDesigner7CE8D626

NeroFastCDDVDBurningPluginC5AB9CFD

NeroHome2FF8B816

NeroMediaHome53BEFA20

NeroPhotoSnapED1EAF52

NeroRecode6035F00C

NeroShowTimeD773A6E2

NeroSoundTrax716FE146

NeroStartSmartB035464E

NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0

NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12

NeroInfoToolE72D824A

NeroVision57D52359

NeroWaveEditorFA3A3F7B

InCDC9AC4AC7

NeroCopyGadgetED8C2E75

NeroMobile91F9B069

2.0 Examples

Default installation. Install all components. Basic UI.

SetupX.exe /i /qb!

Default installation. Install all components. No UI.

SetupX.exe /i /qn

Use SetupX.exe /? to check for UI commands.

Exclude /i if do not want to install all features.

You could download my command file and modify it to your need.

Download file:

http://www.box.net/shared/v0uz4kfk88

Remove the non-command part if you like.

3.0 Subsidiaries

To disable NeroFilterCheck, add this command line:

REG DELETE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v NeroFilterCheck /f

Edited by MillenX

How to use 7-Zip to create installer.

In this guide I assume the reader knows how to create a command/batch file.

1) First download 7-Zip and also don't forget to download the 7-Zip SFX modules (7z4**_extra.7z) as they are necessary for creating installers. Install 7-Zip.

Sourceforge.net provides the modules. Type 7z4**_extra.7z in search engine to find it. Usually you will find links from

sourceforge.net. Download the modules according to the version of 7-zip you use (Recommended). For instance, you should type 7z461_extra.7z if your 7-zip version is 4.61. However it's not really neccessary.

For your convenience, download the modules (7z457_extra.7z) here:

http://www.box.net/shared/m45865m4oc

2) Pack all the contents (extracted from the original Nero installer) including the command/batch file into .7z file. You may include Hidec.exe in the .7z if you wish to hide the command console, a black window when you open the command/batch file. Will explain later in this post.

*Refer to the comprehensive guide in the previous post on commands for Nero Silent Installation.

........................It's time to create an installer.

3) To create an installer, you must have all the4 items in the same folder:

- a SFX module (either one)

- a configuration file (.txt)

- and the archieve file (.7z) ** the file created in STEP 2

- a create-installer command/batch file

The SFX module is an important thing to create an installer. This module is used to convert to .7z archive to an installer based on the information from the configuration file (config.txt)

The modules can be found in 7z4**_extra.7z. Use either 7zSD.sfx or 7zD.sfx. 7zSD.sfx gives a slightly higher compression strength.

Create a configuration file and name it config.txt

Put this into the file:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="NeroInstall.cmd"
Progress="No"
Directory=""
;!@InstallEnd@!

Progress="No" is to hide the extract dialog. Remove the line if you want to see the extracting progress.

NeroInstall.cmd is an example name of the command/batch file (in the .7z archive).

Finally the create-installer command file (any name).

Put this command line:

copy /b 7zSD.sfx + config.txt + archive.7z installer.exe

In the line, replace archive.7z with the name of your .7z name.

Replace installer.exe with your desired name. Doesn't have to be same with your .7z archive name.

Example:

copy /b 7zSD.sfx + config.txt + Nero-8.3.6.0_eng.7z Nero-8.3.6.0_eng.exe

where Nero-8.3.6.0_eng.7z is my archive name (.7z)

4) Double-click this command file.

Enjoy.

Note* If you wish to hide the cmd console, include this file in the .7z file.

Then in the config.txt, you should use hidec /w command.cmd.

Example:

RunProgram="hidec /w NeroInstall.cmd"

Download here:

http://www.box.net/shared/bzn82ixhhg

Edited by MillenX

Thanks a lot MillenX

Its a great guide, i was so pleased to get nero to install like this.

1 comment & 1 question

-Watch out in 6 & 7 that your path for those folders do not contain any spaces (ie anything in Documents & Settings), the DOS command will not run if there are spaces in the path the way it is written below

-Question - the install works great, but when i first click on the application, it pops up a windoes for product registration & getting on their email list for news & information, etc, etc.

Do you know is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks

-Question - the install works great, but when i first click on the application, it pops up a windoes for product registration & getting on their email list for news & information, etc, etc.

Do you know is there any way to turn this off?

What application did you run ? I only installed burning rom and didn't experience what you described.

If you use the default command file from millenx it installs a few of the components

I guess one of those other components is doing it

I'm trying to find which one is causing it, it seems related to the OnlineServices group

If you rename or delete the file NOSProductRegistration.dll in Program Files\Nero\Nero8\OnlineServices

that seems to eliminate the Window on initial launch of Nero.

On another installation i have of Nero that file is not even present???

I thought that it was perhaps a registry setting to determine if registration was done or not but i can't find any registry setting which controls that..

Any ideas?

Of course it'll be smaller, cause you can select what components you'll install and the file will be 7z sfx compressed.

Then I ask, what is the point of nero lite and micro since we can make our own with our own options????

Hello everyone! My first post here and I'm very happy to participate of such a good forum like this!

Of course it'll be smaller, cause you can select what components you'll install and the file will be 7z sfx compressed.

Then I ask, what is the point of nero lite and micro since we can make our own with our own options????

No, it won't be smaller really. By using this method you don't cut down the installation source files, you cut down the size of the final installed files on your hard disk. The unofficial Lite and Micro builds have a reduced size of installation source files as well as a reduced size of the final installed files on your hard disk. The above described method gives you more configuration options, it gives you more control, that's it's power.

The size will not be any smaller, you are just selecting whether to install them or not.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has the stupid registration window and why there's no control or registry key to turn it off.

It appears that it will activate for each user as well.

I think the solution is to delete the file in the OnlineServices folder?

No, it won't be smaller really. By using this method you don't cut down the installation source files, you cut down the size of the final installed files on your hard disk. The unofficial Lite and Micro builds have a reduced size of installation source files as well as a reduced size of the final installed files on your hard disk. The above described method gives you more configuration options, it gives you more control, that's it's power.

When I talked about select components I was talking about that power, about being smaller I's talking about 7z compression. But really??? Isn't it smaller??? Sorry then aviv00 for the misinformation.

Thinking about what you'd understood about my coment, someone can tell me if we can remove parts of this package, corresponding to the softwares we won't install, making it smaller??? Thank you in advance.

Edit.: I've opened the package with 7zip info, seems it is 7zip compressed already, so no further compression. But, what about removing parts?? Anyone??

Edited by vandelbuster

i got an error after executing setupx.exe(final product)

error during execution"\NeroInstall.cmd".

the system cannot find the file specified

.....how'er when i click NeroInstall.cmd ___installation of nero is complete without any problem.

my config.txt is

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="NeroInstall.cmd"

Directory=""

;!@InstallEnd@!

in my nero.7z have following files & folders

Setup (folder)

Data (folder)

SetupX.exe

NeroInstall.cmd

NeroBar.txt

NeroBar.exe

plz help me

i got a little problem with the 7z sfx installer:

i wanna hide the extracting prompt but i cant i tried other ways but nothing seem to work.

8yayr4.jpg

i want to complete hide this prompt

my conf file is:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="Exec.cmd"

GUIMode="2"

;!@InstallEnd@!

TwoJ,

Your pirated serial number is the cause.

So, use another serial number.

:yes: View the complete post below:

Hai, Vandelbuster!! Welcome to MSFN. I was also exhilarated upon the first post in here. So do 2nd, 3rd, so on... and the TOPICS!!! Enjoy!!!

Jackkarlos, I have no idea for your case as mine works perfectly (I do use Directory=""). At first I would like to suggest you to have a check on NeroInstall.cmd but when you NeroInstall.cmd can work then I am confused.

And GUYS, sorry for getting back so late!!!

Anyway, the person I want like to reply the most is TwoJ.

Well. You have your Serial Number right?

OK. You get those annoying trouble because your serial number is not genuine and has detected by Nero.

EXPLAINATION

*** Firstly, let's stray out from unattended installation of Nero

Let's say you install Nero manually, in other words, with user-interface (without silent install. you will be asked to input serial number in the process, of course)

You use a pirated serial number, and Nero can work normally.

The pirated serials can be used, but sometimes will be detected by Nero.

In this case, when you open an Nero application, you will see a dialog box (see attachment) that says your serial number is a pirated one.

But you can still use it, sometimes.

Because sometimes the dialog box appears but sometimes not and so you can use it.

post-167089-1202031248_thumb.png

*** Go back to the topic

Now that your pirated serial number is detected. This becomes an information for Nero in the system.

Nero will know that this serial number is pirated, as long as your PC is not formatted.

It is because the information remains in your system.

So when you attempt to install Nero again (after you uninstall it), whether by manually/with user-interface or silently, you can't use the serial numbers that has already detected as a pirated one.

If you choose to install it silently, you are able to complete the installation but the problem alike yours appears.

I am not sure if you are able to pass through the "input serial number" section if you perform a user-interface installation.

CONCLUSION

I guess the sequence of events is like this.

- You have successfully installed Nero manually with a serial number.

- Your serial number has been detected as a pirated one.

- You create an silent installer, using the same serial number, which has been detected as a pirated one.

- When you run the silent installation, you get this problem.

To sum it up, the pirated serial number is the cause.

So, use another serial number.

**Remember, the serial number can be used to perform silent installation after a formatting on the PC.

As long as it has yet discovered as a pirated one.

I'm not trying to encourage the using of the pirated. All these are wrote in respect of knowledge.

Edited by MillenX