Q6600, 5000+ BE, or E6750

jirad7359

Building a new gaming pc very soon. And I'm not sure what I want to do for processors right now so here's my choices. Now yes there's a little bit of difference in prices but they're all fairly close. I do plan on Overclocking but nothing ridiculous as I'll just be using air cooling. On one hand many people have told me of course go for the quad core, I can OC it to around 3.2ghz I believe without much troubles, however in recent benchmarks it seems to actually fair worse than the E6750 which is not only cheaper but also a little easier to overclock also. However there's also the 5000+ amd black edition which can also be easily overclocked to 3.3ghz also being the cheapest choice. And also if anyone has any experience overclocking the 6400+ amd be chip to around 3.5ghz and how much cooling it required your feedback would be awesome. I'm just basically looking for opinions or any users that are currently running these processors in their system and have some info, thanks.

Don't go AMD, it's a waste of money at this point of time. Every single one of their products are lackluster and behind Intel.

Buy yourself an Intel E2140 and overclock the crap out of it for cheap performance.

I have an E2140 with a Zalman CNPS9500 and it's overclocked from it's stock 1.6GHz (200FSB) to 3.2GHz (400FSB) using nothing but stock voltage and the Zalman on low. For a $65 processor, what more can you ask?

Any suggestions on a good board for overclocking with socket 775 and sli?

If you're willing to live with some small stability and compatiblity issues, the best overclocking boards are obviously the ones based on the newest nVidia Chipset (since those are the only boards that offer SLI), the 780i chipset.