Asus p5ld2-x/1333 and Intel® Core™2 Quad

mara-

Hi,

I have Asus p5ld2-x/1333 motherboard and Intel® Core™2 Duo currently. I'm wondering, will I be able to upgrade to Intel® Core™2 Quad with this motherboard? Asus don't mention anything about Quad on it's page, but I would still want to know is that possible?

Also, what about Intel® Core™2 Extreme, can this be used on this motherboard?

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Thanks for the info. I browsed Asus site a little, and I sow that they can add support for new CPU by upgrading BIOS. So what do you think, is it possible to add that support for this motherboard, does it meet condition (not by asus, by standards, socket for example) for quad and extreme series?

Cheers ;)

Thanks for the info. I browsed Asus site a little, and I sow that they can add support for new CPU by upgrading BIOS. So what do you think, is it possible to add that support for this motherboard, does it meet condition (not by asus, by standards, socket for example) for quad and extreme series?

Cheers ;)

If the CPU was able to be added through a BIOS update, it would have been mentioned on the site I refered you to. So again, no.

Thanks again for response, but I think you did not understand me. I sow on the web site that as ASUS publish new BIOS update they add a new CPU support. So in may opinion they may add support for it in next bios update. My motherboard is upgraded version of p5ld2-x, and I looked info about it, and I found that since BIOS version 115 they added support for Core 2 Extreme, so it they maybe can do something similar for this motherboard too.

Cheers ;)

If the CPU was able to be added through a BIOS update, it would have been mentioned on the site I referred you to. So again, no.
Indeed, I second that.

So, the 945x doesn’t support quad cored CPUs directly; not from ASUS, not from another brand. Some support the upcoming Wolfdale (C0) cored CPUs (E8x00). If you like to have a quad cored CPU, then upgrade your motherboard with your CPU.

I have said this before while others p/ssed on AMD; Intel made one socket model but it’s NO WARRANTY for an upgrade. In the history of the S775 Intel has made about 10 or more changes to there CPUs so it will NOT work on older socket 775 versions. A good example can be found in this topic.

Thanks again for response, but I think you did not understand me. I sow on the web site that as ASUS publish new BIOS update they add a new CPU support. So in may opinion they may add support for it in next bios update. My motherboard is upgraded version of p5ld2-x, and I looked info about it, and I found that since BIOS version 115 they added support for Core 2 Extreme, so it they maybe can do something similar for this motherboard too.

Cheers ;)

Again, no.