WinXP pro x64 & KB942763

jvidal

Hi everyone!

I was slipstreaming IE7+WMP11+ALL Post-SP2 hotfixes into windows XP Pro x64 edition and everything goes fine, except for KB942763, which is not integrated by nLite, any idea why?

A window pops up saying that the integration of that HF failed. no more info. no log, nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jvidal

I also can't integrate KB942763 and KB942615 in a XP x64 SP2 ENU.

I'm working on a Vista Ultimate Unattended x86 SP1 RC1v668 Dutch MUI Integrated, no virusscan installed and full admin account.

I've not tried to integrate anything else, only these two updates.

I'm working on a Vista Ultimate Unattended x86 SP1

That definitely won't work, you have to be running a x64 version of Windows.

Yesterday I dit get that message trying to integrate the x64 sp2 and last night I've integrated sp2 in a sp1 x64 xp working on a x64 xp but I thought that it was only necessary for integrating a x64 service pack. I can integrate all x64 hotfixes working on my x86 Vista, only the mentioned updates won't integrate (I've installed the XP x64 SP2 without those two updates integrated in vmware and I was just prepairing to try it in the virtual machine.... :D I only need to install .net framework 2 to install nlite, it's downloading now :))

Edited by HartWarez

I'm working on a Vista Ultimate Unattended x86 SP1

That definitely won't work, you have to be running a x64 version of Windows.

As I meantioned earlier; my personal advise is to not integrate Updates with Nlitre beyond November 2007. That few updatyes that's remain is an excellent test to figure out WU works with your Nlited version. Is that not the case, your Catalogus files became corrupted which is mostly the case in Nlite versions. It is not for nothing Nlited have regulair updates of his program.

Rebuilding a bootable instal-ISO of Windows is a diffucult and very secure task. It al have to do with CLSID's, those nasty unreadable hexadecimal information {b31ae102904abee....}, these things. If something went wrong in one of the CLSID's then you've a problem and that problem is a faillure in slipstreaming and/or using Windows Update. Do you understand the reason now? ;)

I'm also use Nlite and my last kopie whas in august 2007. A new start with Nlite fails me utterly so I went back to my 08-07 build which works perfectly. Yhis build has not any patches or drivers and is only stripped by me and some tweaks.

1. Seting up Windows X64 up and running (without network attached)

2. Directly after the first boot up I install SP2 on it (spends only a mere 3 minutes of time on FAT32)

3. Networkcable becomes plugged in and the first thing I do with it is running Windows Update and install the latest updates (takes about 7 minutes of that kind of time)

4. I install all the drivers stored on the Nlited DVD sperately. Also 5 minutes... and configuring it properly (takes some time)

5. Updating the virusscanner

At this time one hour is spend including partitioning and defragmenting with PPM (Own bootable ISO and the Paragon partiton Manager's defrag don't defrag files, but the whole partition. Not one fragment left after running it)

6. OpenOffice and that kind of software became installed by me and this spends 15 minutes in total (7 apps)

7. After 75 minutes I restore my back-up and because the back-up is located on the second drive, this is a manner of 2 minutes.

8. After 77 minutes (no joke, I'm timing my work ) the games could be installed and I have 24 GB gamedata what should be copied by the 16 speed DVD+-burner (One hour inclusive defrag, that defragmenter is insane fast on FAT32 :shocking:).

Note: I'm using compressed images on the DVD's and this speeds things really up.

So 2 and a half hour of work and my system is 100% ready to go. Some coffee deserved or some beer ;) . 2.5 hours once a half year, I did spend more time to go to the dentist every half year or more time than waiting for the red light in traffic....

Why I'm telling this al?

I'm not a fan of Nlite and on the other hand I'm a Nlite goeroe. Maybe it is al personal and the time is measured in duty times at work. At home when installing computers for people I'll note every minute spend so people knows exacly what happen and what is cost.

At work I'm worth a redicelous 70 dollar/hour (I won't see not 1/3 of this money on my bank)

At home my price is 25 dollar/hour and this money is all mine, but if a systems fails due to me, I've to pay it all. I'm still not perfect and one server died by my hand last year, s*** happens sometime (costs 5600 euro, and my own risk is maximal 1000 euro. That's mentioned).

More than 1000 times used at work and at home and never fails, never.

This real commended program... http://www.partition-manager.com/home/personal/features.htm. Never seen a better and/or faster defragmenter than this little thing hided somewhere in the menu's :yes:

Evidence : http://www.partition-manager.com/defragmenter.htm

I'm very sorry and I won't spam, but this is unheard of.

It is my intension to help and fullfill your wishes about a fast system. You paid for it and you want the most out of it, is it true or not?

That's my intention. Not to help paragon. At home I've only the bootable ISO, but fully functional (legal thus).

You may try it for thirty days and in these days you can build an ISO of it what you can use always. No cracks needed.

Edited by Extravert

All other hotfixes/updates did integrate well while working in a x86 environment, only this two did not, i'm now working in a x64 os in vmware and i am starting with a clean sp1 version and a freshly downloaded x64 sp2.

Integration went well, and the two mentioned hotfixes too, it seems that these two fixes also needed a x64 enironment, though nlite did not mentioned it when showing the error messages or integrating the other fixes :)

So job well done, i'm afraid your not as big a guru as you thought to be, but thanks anyway ;)

I'm a die hard tester, and learn by trial & error.... ;):D

Edited by HartWarez

Ok, since M$ released new hotfixes today, I decided to rebuild my XP x64 cd and this time, THREE updates didn't integrate:

KB936782, KB941569, 942763

Did someone say nlite had to be run in an x64 environment to slipstream hotfixes into an x64 windows cd????

nlite does not say anything about that...it should complain about that immediately after detecting the source as x64 and being run in an x86 environment, to avoid the waste of time.

I will install nlite in a virtual machine with xp x64 and see what happens.

bye!

All other hotfixes/updates did integrate well while working in a x86 environment, only this two did not, i'm now working in a x64 os in vmware and i am starting with a clean sp1 version and a freshly downloaded x64 sp2.

Integration went well, and the two mentioned hotfixes too, it seems that these two fixes also needed a x64 enironment, though nlite did not mentioned it when showing the error messages or integrating the other fixes :)

So job well done, i'm afraid your not as big a guru as you thought to be, but thanks anyway ;)

I'm a die hard tester, and learn by trial & error.... ;):D

Hmmm, a thought of.

I can't relativate why Nlite has this behaviour here at home and at work. When slipstreaming patches, something went wrong. That's we encounter.

The people who learn by trial and error are the best one, agreed. But I'm busy too ;)

OK, I ran it again, this time inside a VM running XP pro x64. All patches integrated this time.

I think nlite should warn when the target is an x64 OS and it's being ran in an x86 environment.

bye!