*HELP* ... NLite 1.4.1 wont "see" my 2nd hard disk ?

benifin

Hi all

Am trying to do an NLite image and the following occurs:-

- Windows XP [ original 2600 August 2001 build with no Service Packs or Hotfixes ]

- 2 Hard Disks - C:\ is an 80gig SATA Primary O/S Drive D:\ is a 320gig SATA Secondary Data Drive already formatted to NTFS with nearly 250gig of data

- Nlite 1.4.1

- pretty much a full %100 strip to core O/S functionality

All works well.

Except for one problem.

Once installed, the system cant properly "see" my 2nd hard disk !?!?!?

It see's my primary hard disk [80gig] no problems but does not correctly "see" my 2nd 320gig hard disk - the errors / problems thrown up are:

- I click on the 320gig 2nd hard disk [ D:\ ] and Windows says it needs to be formatted - it doesnt as it already has a lot of backup files on it and has been in regular use for months no problems

- in My Computer, under properties for this 320gig 2nd hard disk [D:\ ] it does not recognise the 320 gig and under the disk type, instead of NTFS which it is, it shows 0 bytes and something like RAW for the disk format

Please see attached my relevant .INI file.

Clearly, I have "over-removed" a key / critical Component, Option or Service.

Can anyone please advise which key / critical Component, Option or Service I need to re-enable to overcome this problem.

Many thanks,

Ben

MY_LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by benifin

- Windows XP [ original 2600 August 2001 build with no Service Packs or Hotfixes ]

does not correctly "see" my 2nd 320gig hard disk -

Clearly, I have "over-removed" a key / critical Component, Option or Service.

You haven't, it was never there. You'd have had the same problem without nLite. You just need to have at least SP1 for drives bigger than 137Gig.

Hi Ponch !

Wow - I never knew that - thanks.

Is there a single MS Hotfix that addresses this issue without having to install the full SP1 or the full SP2 ?

Alternately, if I re-partition the 320gig hard disk to a 120gig partition + a 100gig partition + another 100gig partition, would that overcome my problem ?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by benifin

Thanks all.

Gotta love the Internet

- see here for the fix:

http://www.48bitlba.com/enablebiglbatool.htm

- get the fix here:-

http://www.48bitlba.com/download/enablebig...nableBigLba.exe

Just d/l it ............ installed in a micro-second.......... fix was instant .... re-booted and all works perfectly .... all drives and all sizes are now fully and correclty recognized in Win XP Sp0.

My thanks again,

Ben

Edited by benifin