WinXP driver wizard - need help

diamondxp

WindowsXP pro sp2 with updates, Nlite 1.4.1

Tried to integrate drivers into WinXP. Successfully. I installed this Winxp on Vmware Workstation 6.02.

Next step: made HDD image with Acronis True Image (For fast installing in future)

LAST STEP: Recovered image to my HDD. After Windows loaded drivers installation begins. But almost on installing every driver i must click Next or Finish. Even on standart driver like "PCI bus", even if driver has WHQL sertificate!! :wacko: Driver Singing option in OS was set to "SKIP, install without promt"

Look at the picture below

237e229b652f.png

HOW TO REMOVE THIS BOTHERING WINDOW? I want to install all drivers whicch i integrated,automaticaly.( Or as variant there can be promt ONLY for not SIGNED drivers.)

p.s. Drivers are all OK 100%. Tried to integrate with WINDOWS UNNATENDED CREATOR - no problmes (http://www.vitaligraf.de). Manual install - no problems.

All drivers are downloaded from official sites.

p.s. Sorry for my English

Edited by diamondxp

I believe you have to install it on a real machine then take the image of it. VMWare uses its own drivers and I don't think the ones you use for your computer ever gets installed.

There is no sense on what I install OS. If I installed it on virtual machine first, after that I recover it to real machine all drivers should reinstall for all new hardware. VMWare drivers should be replaced.

I used other programs which do integrate drivers. I had no problems when recover OS to other hardware, other PCs (tested on 15 machines).

It is the first use on Nlite, great program, much easier then others I used before. But this strange behavior with drivers make using of Nlite senseless for me:((

Edited by diamondxp

There is no sense on what I install OS. If I installed it on virtual machine first, after that I recover it to real machine all drivers should reinstall for all new hardware. VMWare drivers should be replaced.

doesn't work like that. It would be awesome if it did but it doesn't. You have to switch windows back to a generic setup that will boot on multiple machunes. check out this guide. It will explain it much more clearly than i can.

http://www.vernalex.com/guides/sysprep/index.shtml

doesn't work like that. It would be awesome if it did but it doesn't. You have to switch windows back to a generic setup that will boot on multiple machunes. check out this guide. It will explain it much more clearly than i can.

Thank you for link. Very usefull!

But I can't understand why after Nlite integration Windows show me New hardware driver wizard and say that PCI bus (standart OS driver) is installed, but will work only after reboot? Keyboard and mouse have USB jack. So i CANT PRESS FINISH! LOL. Even USBtoPS2 cable doesn't help. So driver installation is stopping at start.

NO other program DO THAT. Only Nlite do...

p.s. May be there will be right "Tweak' in Driver Section of Nlite? I hope...

Thank you for link. Very usefull!

But I can't understand why after Nlite integration Windows show me New hardware driver wizard and say that PCI bus (standart OS driver) is installed, but will work only after reboot? Keyboard and mouse have USB jack. So i CANT PRESS FINISH! LOL. Even USBtoPS2 cable doesn't help. So driver installation is stopping at start.

NO other program DO THAT. Only Nlite do...

p.s. May be there will be right "Tweak' in Driver Section of Nlite? I hope...