Tell me which NAS to buy

arctirus

I'm looking for a nas that holds a single 3.5" drive, has and has a gigabit ethernet connection for home use. The ability to share printers from it would be nice but not completely necessary. I don't know if I'm going to find this but one that doesn't come with a drive would be nice but again, not necessary. I've got plenty of extra sata drives laying around and would rather not have to pay for yet another one if I don't have to.

I know about freenas but I'd rather not have to use a PC because of the power consumption.

EDIT: This looks nice, can anyone recommend something better? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822165040

Edited by arctirus

I've got one of theese

I've only been messing around with it but you can do alot of stuff with it!

Check out this webpage

Edit: Please note that this is without the external USB harddisc. Also be sure to read throughly through the aforementioned site before installing any unofficial firmwere, linksys mentioned they like the projects, but don't give official support for it.

Best Rehards

Nerevar

Edited by Nerevar

I looked at that one before myself but unfortunately it doesn't have gigabits. I just spent a lot of money on other stuff this weekend and now I'm feeling poor so I'm trying once again to get WOL to work properly so maybe I can avoid having a nas all together. $200 also buys a lot of electricity.