[request] Use INI file for configuration

Hi,

Just introducing myself to WUD and I'm surprised to see such a nifty little tool - will surely give it a lot of good use to build install CD's

I've read the topic about unattended builds but it could still use a few more options (if possible).

The ideal configuration would be using a standard INI file instead of the windows registry.

This would help in two things

1 - Make WUD portable (put on a pendisk or any other folder)

2 - Let other apps configure all possible options inside WUD and run it with these customizations

--------------------------

A possible INI file could perhaps be similar to this:

[options]
default_update_list=Windows XP aAbBcCdD
download_folder=c:\XP-Unattended\Addons
Product_as_subfolder=False
Category_as_subfolder=True
Show_Publish_dates=False
Show_description_tooltips=True
Minimize_to_tray=False
Remove_unlisted_files=False

[proxy]
username=
password=
address=
port=
use_proxy=False
use_authentication=False
authentication=

------------------------

Would also be good to define a location for placing all the UL files instead of the root folder or it can get a bit difficult to organize the folder.

Hope this feedback helps - good work with WUD! :)

Nice suggestions. I'll definately keep that in mind for WUD v3. Now that Visual Studio 2008 has been released I have to familiarize myself with WPF to build the next release. Considering WPF is a completely new approach to programming, it's going to take a little getting used to.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I've done some extra work yesterday and I'm testing automated integration with nLite.

So far things are looking good enough and I can write the registry to match the selected download folder.

Only one detail noticed by other members - some files don't seem prepared to be directly integrated, would be good to have some nlite aware options.

Good luck with your programming. :thumbup

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I've done some extra work yesterday and I'm testing automated integration with nLite.

So far things are looking good enough and I can write the registry to match the selected download folder.

Only one detail noticed by other members - some files don't seem prepared to be directly integrated, would be good to have some nlite aware options.

Good luck with your programming. :thumbup

I tried working with nuhi, unfortunately, he was unwilling to work together to provide seemless integration with WUD. That why instead I added third party command-line options to allow others to write their own integration scripts. IIRC, he mentioned that there was already enough code to maintain in nLite.