login screen login me automatically ?

grafx1

after i'd used stardock vista tweak, the login screen now just appears for seconds, and login me automatically

but before that, it stays until i click my name.. so how can i renable it again ?

i'd cheched "users must enter password to login" but no way !!

Thank you.

Type control userpasswords2 in start search and hit enter

User Accounts dialog box appears. In User tab Check User must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Click on apply to commit changes !

Now set any password to your user account and log off or restart to take effect.

Edited by neo

@grafx1

IMHO stardock for vista is a bit buggy to say the least, stick with the buil-in themes of vista and use Samurize for customization.

@neo

What you advised grafx1 to do is EXACTLY what he/she did, just the long way around. And maybe he/she doesn`t want to us a pasword.

Open regedit and goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

In right side pane, delete following keys if exists:

AutoAdminLogon (You can also set its value to 0 instead of deleting it)

DefaultUsername

DefaultPassword

It should work. :)

sorry, but winlogon is in current user key not local machine and didn't contains that keys...

^^ It must be there buddy. Pls check again the same key carefully. ;)

OK i've found it but autoadmin=0 and the other 2 keys are not present

there is a key called: force unlock logon=0 ??

Edited by grafx1

I know that in XP, it would automatically log you in if there was only one user, that account had no password, and the guest account was disabled. Try going to the reg key mentioned above and creating the DWORD_VALUE autoadminlogon and setting it to 0.

this is similar to checking "users must enter password"..

i'd tried that but guest had to be on, so i can choose between 2 accounts at login screen !

Now I got the problem. I have faced the same situation in past. If you install .NET Framework or Visual Studio in Windows, it creates a new hidden user "Asp.net" (or a similar username). Which is not displayed at login screen but causes you to click on the username to log into Windows.

If you delete that user, you'll not be required to click on your username at Login screen and you'll direct log into Windows.

So I think the tweaking software has deleted that user account and thats why you are directly going to Desktop. ;)

You can create a new user account and then you'll get the login screen showing your username and then you can click on the username before going to Desktop.

Otherwise you can set a password to your account. :)

Now I got the problem. I have faced the same situation in past. If you install .NET Framework or Visual Studio in Windows, it creates a new hidden user "Asp.net" (or a similar username). Which is not displayed at login screen but causes you to click on the username to log into Windows.

If you delete that user, you'll not be required to click on your username at Login screen and you'll direct log into Windows.

So I think the tweaking software has deleted that user account and thats why you are directly going to Desktop. ;)

You can create a new user account and then you'll get the login screen showing your username and then you can click on the username before going to Desktop.

Otherwise you can set a password to your account. :)

Thanks, but is there a way to make the other account hidden ?

Yep. You can. Open regedit and goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Under this key create a new key "SpecialAccounts". Now again create a new key "UserList" under this new key. So the exact path will be:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Now in right-side pane, create a new DOWRD value and set its name to the username which you want to hide. Thats it. Leave its value to 0. :)