[VistaVG Series] Vista Themes for Windows XP

Vishal Gupta

Hi guys

I have created a few themes for Windows XP and lots of ppl liked them. So here I'm sharing with you all and I hope you guys will also like them: :)

VistaVG Ultimate for Windows XP:

vistavgultimatethumbnainy1.png

Download VistaVG Ultimate Theme for Windows XP

VistaVG Black for Windows XP:

VistaVG_Black_for_Windows_XP_by_Vishal_Gupta.png

Download VistaVG Black Theme for Windows XP

VistaVG Blue for Windows XP:

Download VistaVG Blue Theme for Windows XP

I hope you guys will like these themes. ;)

Edited by Vishal Gupta

• 3 months later...
^^ Thanks. The theme doesnt take any extra resource. Its same as using default Luna theme. :)

That's perfect! Thanks again! :D

Edited by eu93

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Vishal,

Being a really satisfied person of your STUNNING piece of work, had to add my 1st post like this.

I just started your tut, & firstly applied the theme vistaVG_Ultimate, of which its start menu looked like this. :blushing:

black32smalliconsdq3.th.png

Black32_with Small Icons (Right Panel Labels visible - Icons invisible)

black32largeiconsdj3.th.png

Black32_with Large Icons (Righr panel Labels visible - Icons partially visible)

I have read lot of ur tuts before all, & did many of ur instructions to overcome this, but failed.

Finally I saw that although Labels are visible in the right panel, no Icons there too in the screenshot you have provided with the theme.

Vishal---these are my requirements---please be kind enough to implement them in your theme for me or teach me how to do the followings (please I really need these)

- proper visibility of icons in the right panel of start menu.

- although we need vista look, I need my user account name visible top of the start menu & also link to user accounts via it.

- fake search bar & logoff/shut buttons withou text

The next major problem is Icons.

Please provide me a complete tut on updating the shell32, mydocs, shimdvw, wiashext, explorer system files with real vista icons --- without using 3rd party software to transform icons. (tut needs coz I need to update my existing .dll files, although there are many edited ones in web. Actually I tried some, but ResHack says can't replace icon-no 16*16 format..bla bla for some icons)

So....plese respond me positively brother.

I am really keen on this, coz it is the BEST theme I've ever found.

So....you are a genius

Thanx in advance....keep the good work up bro. :thumbup

^^ Thanks for your kind words mate. :)

1. The right-side icons in Startmenu will not be visible. Its by design as Windows Vista also doesnt show the icons and I have tried to make this theme look-a-like Vista.

2. You can use the "Basic" sub-style of the "VistaVG Ultimate" theme to get "User Accounts" shortcut in startmenu. You can't get it in Aero version.

3. Use "VistaVG Ultimate with Searchbar" to get fake searchbar. You'll need to run LSPatch to remove shutdown/log off text.

4. To change icons, you'll need to open the file in Resource Hacker and then click on "Action -> Replace Icon". Now select the desired icon and replace it with your own icon.

• 2 weeks later...
^^ Thanks for your kind words mate. :)

1. The right-side icons in Startmenu will not be visible. Its by design as Windows Vista also doesnt show the icons and I have tried to make this theme look-a-like Vista.

2. You can use the "Basic" sub-style of the "VistaVG Ultimate" theme to get "User Accounts" shortcut in startmenu. You can't get it in Aero version.

3. Use "VistaVG Ultimate with Searchbar" to get fake searchbar. You'll need to run LSPatch to remove shutdown/log off text.

4. To change icons, you'll need to open the file in Resource Hacker and then click on "Action -> Replace Icon". Now select the desired icon and replace it with your own icon.

Thanx for the fast reply & Sorry for the late response mate, coz I was ill last days.. :blushing:

Yes, I get User AC name only in "Basic" sub-style, but no link there....I want this in Black sub-style bro.... :realmad:

Next, right-side icons are already included in the theme by you (as in my 2nd attachment), but not visible.

Vishal,

Now please don't say "You cant...You cant.. :angry: " lol, and modify this also including above things (even as options)

Expect your positive feedback.... :thumbup

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...