Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

However, at the finalizing stage of nLite,an error message crops up every time , indicating nLite has to close etc.

The only meaningful part of the very lengthy error report for me was the mention of an "appcompat.text" error.

So you couldn't even successfully finish the work of nLite?

Then you have done something wrong, which certainly has nothing to do with the Intel textmode drivers themselves.

Did you use a clean source, that means an Original MS XP CD with or without SP? This is absulutely necessary. nLite is not able to work with an already processed source.

Are you sure, that the XP source you have used, was not already customized for you and other users by adding some software, tools, tweaks, updates etc.? This would explain the error message you got.

The addition of the Intel INF drivers does not help either.

Textmode is enabled.

Have used the latest drivers containing txt.setup.oem.

My reading of the Intel instructions indicates that a text file containing the following ;

"[MassStorageDrivers]

"Intel® 82801IR/IO SATA RAID Controller" = OEM

[OEMBootFiles]

iaStor.inf

iaStor.sys

iaStor.cat

Txtsetup.oem"

should be added to the drivers file for unattended installs.

Is this at all relevant?.Is it the same as the TxtSetup.OEM File?

If you do what I have written within my guide (downloading and unzipping the linked 32bit driver, then integrating the content as textmode driver and choosing the suitable Controller), everything should work fine. nLite will do everything which is needed. You should not add or edit any file!

Did you use a clean source, that means an Original MS XP CD

Yes, the original clean XPSP2 and the 100% correct procedure was carried outthroughout.

The problem is strange because even if there is some other conflict somewhere to do with enabling RAID,nLite can insulate its own processes ,surely, from any other issues.

Have tried every possible method-,using JMicron controller for the C drive prior to installing the RAID drivers on the Intel controller-using a new Windows install using F6-using Shadow Protect F6 etc-all fail.

I'm running AHCI mode,which was installed by placing the iastor driver into win32/drivers plus a registry fix,wondering if that may have something to do with it,as iastor is already in place-but it shouldnt affect nLite..

Probably the AHCI driver should have been used.

If I cant fix will have to try the Gigabyte/Micron RAID controller unwilllingly

Thanks and any further thoughts would be appreciated.

edit;have removed the AHCI reg fix and iastor driver and will plod on !!

Edited by hairy coo

Did you use a clean source, that means an Original MS XP CD
Yes, the original clean XPSP2 and the 100% correct procedure was carried outthroughout.
In this case I don't understand, why you ran into problems while processing with nLite.
Have tried every possible method-,using JMicron controller for the C drive prior to installing the RAID drivers on the Intel controller-using a new Windows install using F6-using Shadow Protect F6 etc-all fail.
If you should not even be able to get XP installed by using the F6/floppy method, you obviously haven't taken the correct textmode driver or did not choose the suitable Intel S-ATA Controller within the popup window you get during the installation.
I'm running AHCI mode,which was installed by placing the iastor driver into win32/drivers plus a registry fix,wondering if that may have something to do with it,as iastor is already in place-but it shouldnt affect nLite..

Probably the AHCI driver should have been used.

Your currently running configuration has nothing to do with your troubles you get, when you try to install XP by using any textmode driver.

Since you are obviously running XP now, it would be a good idea to run the Device Manager, to open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "SCSI and RAID Controllers" sections and to look for devices with the name "Intel" in it.

Do you see any of them? If yes, which ones?

Fernando

If you should not even be able to get XP installed by using the F6/floppy method, you obviously haven't taken the correct textmode driver or did not choose the suitable Intel S-ATA Controller within the popup window you get during the installation.

Not obvious at all!

Your textmode drivers were used and the correct controller, ICH9r RAID,was chosen.

As said before-all the usual stuff was double checked and carried out correctly,including that Textmode was enabled,

Have not tested this,but think XP F6 was unsuccessful because existing drivers ie iastor(For use with AHCI) were already present-this was the case when using Shadow protect F6 failed,which announced the fact.

Since you are obviously running XP now, it would be a good idea to run the Device Manager, to open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "SCSI and RAID Controllers" sections and to look for devices with the name "Intel" in it.

Do you see any of them? If yes, which ones?

Ahem-the only one not showing is the RAID controller-as I'm again using AHCI mode the Intel ICH 9r/DO/DH/ SATA ACHI controlller is present.

If the SCSI and RAID Controllers were present-I obviously wouldnt have any problems ,after all.

In this case I don't understand, why you ran into problems while processing with nLite.

OK ,ignoring any other problems which are a different matter -all could be solved if nLite would work for me and as I said,it should function independently of outside conflicts by and large.

I dont understand either and was hoping this problem may have been encountered by someone else-but it seems not..

Previously have used nLite successfully on many occasions installing Intel INF drivers,but not the RAID ones.

I am running perfectly on a slipstreamed XPsp3 created by nLite 1.45 using the same master XP2 disk and NEVER had any problems until now.

Did further tests-used a previous version of nLite-still no good.My version in use is 1.46.

However using Win 2000 instead of XP2-success!!

My XPsp2 disk is a perfect, clean,legal,faultless validated version, as I said, used many times before for slipstreaming.

So there is the fault location.

FOR ME;

nLite and Windows itself,as a Windows fault message appears- will not allow integrating the Intel Raid drivers with XPsp2,but will with Win2000.

Will try to activate RAID by installing temporarily the 2000/RAID slipstream on an external disk connected to the jMicron/Gigabyte IDE controller to bypass the Intel controller.

post-198139-1214532821_thumb.png

Edited by hairy coo

@ hairy coo:

What you have written sounds very strange for me.

1. Why did you try to integrate the Intel ICH9R RAID Controller, when you obviously don't run your computer in RAID mode (no Intel RAID Controller shown within the Device Manager of your running XP partition)?

2. You can run nLite on different computers with different chipsets and different Windows Operating systems and can integrate a bootable XP CD for everyone. nLite doesn't check, if a driver you are going to integrate is already present within your current OS or even useful for your hardware configuration.

3. I repeat it: Since you get the error message while processing with nLite, you must have done something wrong (use of an already treated source?). Millions of nLite users cannot be wrong. The tool works, but certainly will fail, if the user makes a mistake (or has a hardware issue).

4. Your report, that nLite successfully finished its work, if you take a Windows 2000 CD as source, boosts my suspicion, that you haven't used a clean XP CD.

My suggestion once more:

Boot off the original XP CD and load the Intel textmode driver by F6/floppy. Then you will know, if the used Intel textmode driver and the chosen Intel S-ATA Controller is the correct one for your current hardware configuration and BIOS settings.

Furthermore you will realize, if your XP source has already been treaten before. You may look into the i386 folder of the XP CD - if you find a file named WINNT.SIF, your CD is already prepared for an unattended install and cannot be used neither with nLite nor by F6/floppy (during the installation process you will get the message, that the IASTOR.SYS cannot be copied).

If your work with nLite should fail again, you might try another CD creating tool.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Fernando

Your replies are appreciated,but regrettably we are going round in ever diminishing circles without achieving anything :rolleyes:

I keep saying all my steps are correct (its really not nuclear physics after all), including the drivers choosen -and my copy of XP is perfect,but you persist in questioning all of this.

I was asking for some new answer and was quite happy to acknowledge some unique problem which someone may have also experienced, but obviously all this must be unknown.

Anyway,thanks for your effort-I will solve the problem-pointless going over old ground yet again.

Edited by hairy coo

Your replies are appreciated,but regrettably we are going round in ever diminishing circles without achieving anything :rolleyes:

I keep saying all my steps are correct (its really not nuclear physics after all), including the drivers choosen -and my copy of XP is perfect,but you persist in questioning all of this.

I was asking for some new answer and was quite happy to acknowledge some unique problem which someone may have also experienced, but obviously all this must be unknown.

Anyway,thanks for your effort-I will solve the problem-pointless going over old ground yet again.

You are not the first user, who posted, that he has done everything as layed down within my guide, but nevertheless ran into troubles. All other users, who succeeded with the integration of the Intel textmode drivers by using my guide and the tool nlite, definitively have been wrong or just been lucky.

Thanks for your efforts to enlighten our knowledge.

Nuhi as the developer of nLite, all innocent users of this tool and particularly me as the starter and supporter of this thread will be very grateful, if you would publish the perfect way how these things should be done!

Good luck!

Fernando

Fernando,

You seem to insist in dragging this out quite uneccessarily,as I already said I would solve the problem myself.

Regrettably your inflammatory reply adds nothing of value, but seems to illustrate your approach when an issue occurs outside your field of knowledge.

The other person is just not telling the truth and of course must also be completely wrong -quite simple-problem solved-a winning formula :thumbup

If you take the trouble to really read posts instead of rushing in with your dogmatic answers,you will note that I was careful to give examples that nLite does work for me and has done so.

I am in fact running on a perfect nLited XPsp3 -as I mentioned,

I am running perfectly on a slipstreamed XPsp3 created by nLite 1.45 using the same master XP2 disk and NEVER had any problems until now.

ONLY with the RAID drivers did I have problems and ONLY with XP2.

I also inferred it could be a Windows issue,as a Windows error message appeared

If I could give you some well meant advice

Instead of taking a problem to which you dont have an answer personally -may I respectfully suggest that in future you would be better served by listening and then deciding if in fact you have anything to offer.

If its outside your knowledge ,just admit it instead of wasting everyones time. Everyone has their limitations!!

Good luck to you in your self appointed role of playing the "expert"-some more friendly advice-try changing your attitude for better results.

Also try to be accurate in stating what the other person has in fact said,rather than misquoting them- in order to achieve some credibility.

best regards

hairy

Edited by hairy coo

@ hairy coo:

Although I have started this thread by writing the guide, I am not an expert in everything and some of my advices may be wrong. Nevertheless I am trying to help everyone, who is asking for it by posting into this thread. Exactly this is what I have done in your case too, but I couldn't really help you, because I have never heard or seen such an issue report.

The sarcasm of my last post was due to fact, that you always insisted in having done everything correctly, which consequently means, that your issue must be caused by nLite or by a wrong advice within my guide.

Maybe I misunderstood you. In this case you will get my apology. It wasn't my intention to insult you.

Conclusion: I cannot help you to solve your problem, but I am pretty sure, that your issue has nothing to do with the integration of the Intel textmode drivers, which is the topic here.

CU

Fernando

hi thanks for this thread ....

i have toshiba laptop satelite A200-1NH come with VIsta home pRE ON IT as i dont like vista i want to put XP but when i try to install and boo from CD i got the problem that no HDD detected

well i fallowed all the steps as montined in the instrction dowlod all the driv add them to m cd with Nlite but the problem i got with the new CD says that

*** the File iaStor.sys is corrupted *****

I made over 5 cds and all time same message any help please how to slove that

thanks in advance

Edited by tunilove

As per my previous posts,I was currently unable to load RAID or any type of drivers using nLite.

As before I was completely successful-I searched for a conflict and the only extra app. installed since success, was Threatfire,an anti spyware and malware tool.

Since disabling Threatfire,everything is back to normal.

I will post a new thread in case this may help someone else.

well i fallowed all the steps as montined in the instrction dowlod all the driv add them to m cd with Nlite but the problem i got with the new CD says that

*** the File iaStor.sys is corrupted *****

You get this message, when you integrate/load a 64bit driver onto a 32bit OS.

Within my guide you find links to the newest 32bit and 64bit Intel textmode drivers. You have to take the 32bit version.

As per my previous posts,I was currently unable to load RAID or any type of drivers using nLite.

As before I was completely successful-I searched for a conflict and the only extra app. installed since success, was Threatfire,an anti spyware and malware tool.

Since disabling Threatfire,everything is back to normal.

I will post a new thread in case this may help someone else.

That is a good idea.

Fine, that you found at least the reason for your problems.

I'm installing Win xp 64 on my Vostro 1710 (sata/ahci) and I'm getting Iastore.sys error this is Intel file and it is necessary for installation how can I import that file there ? actually there are 3 files which has to been imported iaStor.sys, iaStor.cat, Txtsetup.oem