Booting in safe mode but normal mode it is restarting(Win XP SP 2)

kunkumd

Dear friends,

At last my system is booting in Safe mode, in debugging mode it is freezing after login screen. But in normal mode my system is rebooting immediately after login screen(loading personal settings).

sfc /scannow is not working in safe mode.

I don't want to re install Win XP.

My system is Windows XP - SP2 & Fedora core 7 as OS's.

And it is having the Vista transformation pack(semi uninstalled) login screen is remain.

Can I solve my problem? (restarting problem)

How can I get out of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kundan

Dear Gosh,

Thank you for UR quick response. But I am sorry for my delayed response.

Further I am adding the Info, while I try to install the camcorder drivers this problem has occurred.

Here is the Blue screen information:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0X8056EBA4,0XF6F8E988,0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Thank you once again.

Kundan.

Hello siginet,

Thank you for UR quick reply. But, I checked that link followed that instructions, there is no such type of threats in my machine.

I have scanned with stinger software also. But there is no use.

Is there any alternate methods?

Thank you in advance.

Kundan.

You may have a hardware problem. The processor frequency and Vcore or the RAM settings being wrong or a CPU or motherboard failure or PSU failure can cause something at least similar to this:

Where it always crashes in normal mode, but can use it in safe mode.

Dear friends,

At last my system is booting in Safe mode, in debugging mode it is freezing after login screen. But in normal mode my system is rebooting immediately after login screen(loading personal settings).

sfc /scannow is not working in safe mode.

I don't want to re install Win XP.

My system is Windows XP - SP2 & Fedora core 7 as OS's.

And it is having the Vista transformation pack(semi uninstalled) login screen is remain.

Can I solve my problem? (restarting problem)

How can I get out of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kundan

You mention XP and Fedora. Is this setup a dual boot or virtualization? This could be a hardware or software based problem. Why don't you boot to safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications or hardware and try rebooting again.

When you have /debug in your boot.ini, you also need /debugport=COM1 (for COM port debugging) and a null-modem cable attached to the COM port at one end, and another machine running kd, cdb, or windbg at the other end listening on the COM port. If the machine freezes when you have /debug in your boot.ini, that means you DID hit a breakpoint and a debugger and COM port attached would have shown it to you (it's frozen because the breakpoint was hit, and the Windows kernel broke in to allow the remotely attached debugger to run commands).

If the machine reboots without /debug, then I would suggest you configure for a complete memory dump and disable the automatic reboot - if a box boots in safe mode but not in regular mode, it's a kernel driver issue 99.999% of the time.

Hi Dude,

STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, , ,) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823303/en-us

Try to uninstall any new driver you have installed. Use Safe mode to remove any hardware. Before this try the steps below

1.) Restart the machine

2.) Press F8

3.) Select Safe mode

4.) Windows XP should load correctly.

5.) If yes, then launch MSCONFIG

6.) Check services tab

7.) Select Hide all MS services

8.) Without any doubt disable all the third party services.

9.) Restart the machine again and check whether it resolves the problem. If yes, then there should be x service that have got installed may be related to hardware. identify.

10.) If no, try KB above.

Let me know.

Best wishes,

Dilip.

Edited by dkhandel

• 5 weeks later...

PROBLEM SOLVED****************

Thank you one and all who has suggested on this problem.

I simply boot the system in safe mode, I installed windows XP SP2 again, After some time it prompt for upgrade/ fresh install. I selected the Upgrade Then I got my XP back without any data lost.

Feel free to post any query's regarding this.

Kundan.