[Release] Vize 0.7 Beta

XPero

Hmm, I have a problem. I've updated my Vize 0.6 installation to Version 0.7. But when I try to patch files, but the patcher can't find files to patch.

So you should also find and patch the files that where added to your resource list (in Version 0.7 the batt.dll) even if you had patched some files with a previous version.

I think I must restore my files and repatch them to get the new Icon?

André

If you have patched all files and after that you have installed 0.7 update, you must see in the patcher list dvdplay.exe and batt.dll. There is no need to restore and repatch.

Have a look in the FileList.xml and look for these 2 files. If you cant find them, add them yourself manually while I try to figure out why that happened.

I can't find those entries. Can you tell me what I should add to the filelist.xml?

First of all, make sure that in the Resources folder, dvdplay.exe and batt.exe are present. If yes, only the FileListEditor.exe has failed in doing its job.

If those files (actually folders) are present in the Resources folder, then follow this simple instructions:

- Open FileList.xml

- Add:

<file path="C:\Windows\System32\dvdplay.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">dvdplay.exe</file>
<file path="C:\Windows\System32\batt.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">batt.dll</file>

- Run Vize and those 2 should be available for patching.

I will contact you later to try to figure out what went wrong in the update.

Please all of you that have updated from 0.6 to 0.7 using the Update installer, post here if if went fine or have the same issue!

Cheers

the folders DVDPLay.exe and batt.dll are inside the Resources folder.

I've added the entries and now the patcher does his job well :)

Here you can see the result of patching the batt.dll:

post-70718-1193230951_thumb.png

I've noticed also a minor issue with the installer. The german installer hides the word BETA:

post-70718-1193231036_thumb.png

André

Hi XPero,

were you able to find the bug?

Btw, I have found a minor issue. After upgrading from the 0.6 to 0.7 the Uninstall Entry in "Add & Remove programs" still says 0.6. When updating from a former version you should change this sting to the current version. I noticed this with a former version, but I forget to post it.

André

Thanks Andre. I did not have the time to find out the bug. In fact, tried in my VM and it worked just fine. I would like to have feedback from the rest of Vize users to see if it is something that happened to you only or it is in fact a bug.

Cheers

I've retested the upgrade on my 2nd Vista Sp1 PC and everything works fine. So I have no idea why it fails the first time.

But I figured out 2 minor issues.

1. Assembly version of the Vize.exe is still 0.2.0.0

2. a rectangle is shown at the end of the german translated text "Dateien wählen" inside the ComboBox to select the files.

post-70718-1193849957_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reporting. It is good to hear about that that file list issue is not an actual bug.

The square isnt showing in my PC. Have a look. Thanks for the assembly thingy too.

Cheers

post-26650-1193855904_thumb.jpg