To SLI or not?

Maleko

Ok, atm my specs:

Dual Core Opteron 939 @ 2.4GHz

2GB PC4000 Ram

8800 GTS 320MB

sooo, im in 2 minds atm to go SLI or not, i have a true x16 SLI board (ASUS A8N SLi Premium)

so, all ill need is another 88GTS and a new PSU, just want that lil bit more performace in the new games, and especially crysis when that comes out!

soooo, opinions?

don't do it. no point in waisting the money. what resolution do you even play at? i have had no problems with my 8800GTS at 1280x1024.

also both of our cards are about to become obsolete as updated models are coming out within the next few weeks and the 9000series should be out early next year.

Even if i'm not an Nvidia user, here's my opinion anyway.

For my part, i use Crossfire. The 2 cards (X1950pro) were pretty cheap when i bought them and it does work good in Vista.

The 8800 GTS is/was more expensive than mine. I do know that your single card is about the same performance as my Crossfire setup.

So you have a pretty good GFX card. I have excellent playing power with my stuff, so i don't think yours is any slower. I don't think SLI would improve your gaming experiance very much.

I don't know if Nvidia managed to fix their SLI problems with Vista. You'd have to check that out.

Of course, I you go for it, you would have to purchase a SLI capable PSU. Spending spree!!!