Asus X38 Motherboard Lineup!

vegettoxp

Yup, but board layout will be the same, so we already know how they are going to look like :). I would not buy a “half-finished” chipset now; that’s for the people that want a new motherboard and can’t wait...

--- EDIT ---

I forgot to post: Gigabyte´s GA-X38-DQ6 :D.

motherboard_productimage_ga-x38-dq6_big.jpg

motherboard_productimageback_ga-x38-dq6_big.jpg

Mmmmmmm....X38 :wub:

Naa, next chipset is neat, skip this one ;) .

There's always a "next" something. I generally skip a generation. My current motherboard is 965 based and my current video card is a 7900GT based card. It'll soon be time to ugprade both. :)

Although, strictly speaking the P35 and X38 are technically the same generation, but my current motherboard is about a year old and I've got some other systems that need upgrading so one of them will get mine and I'll get a new X38 based motherboard.

Remember that we are just some months away from the X48, and you know that... Why would you take a X38 then? Just to have AMD´s Crossfire support and PCI-E 2.0 in those 2 slots? Also remember that the 4x and 1x are connected to the Southbridge so those will still be PCI-E 1.0/1.1...

Remember I said I have some other systems that need to be upgraded? :)

I roll my upgrades. My machine always has the newest/fastest parts and the other machines get my parts when I upgrade. I also said I "generally" skip a generation...but sometimes I don't. :)

Just to have AMD´s Crossfire support...

Skip that, even the P35 can do that :P.

nmX.Memnoch, you of all freaks on the board, why not wait for the X48 and just skip 2 generations for the first time of your life? :P Or you are just keeping something from us that we don’t know?

you of all freaks on the board
What's your point? :D
why not wait for the X48 and just skip 2 generations for the first time of your life?
Because I can afford to get both? :)
Or you are just keeping something from us that we don’t know?
No, I'm pretty sure by now you all know I'm a hardware junkie. :)

I just got a brand new Dell PowerEdge 2950* at work today...and the very first thing I did? Disassembled it. :D

*The new box is 2xQuad-Core Xeon X5355 2.66GHz, 8x1GB DDR2-667 FB-DIMMs, 8x73GB 15K RPM 2.5" SAS drives, redundant PSUs and integrated SAS RAID controller. All that in a 2U chassis.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

I just got a brand new Dell PowerEdge 2950* at work today...and the very first thing I did? Disassembled it. :D

Well, you need to know with what you are dealing when you use it! :thumbup

Reminds me of new VGA cards and mobos that came in; You can’t sell it without seeing what is hiding behind cooling blocks and other metal or plastic protectors, eg. housings :P.